Chris Broderick now using (6 string) Sabers. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

Chris Broderick now using (6 string) Sabers.

His new guitars seem to be prestige S series (side dots, presitge logo and all that) which are SIX STRINGS :O hehe, I was blown away by this at Priest Feast, just thought it was really interesting, it seems he has this one, and a red (non "Megadeth"'d) one. But no 7 string LACS in sight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 05:17 PM

Re: Chris Broderick now using (6 string) Sabers.

Yeah Mustaine requested he use 6 strings as there are no 7 string parts within megadeth music.They questioned his attack on the low E string when chugging away due to skipping over the seventh string.Chris agreed to use sixes from now on for megadeth and promptly ordered 2 LACS 6 strings. I assume they will also be RGA style in the same style as his seven with the lower horn cutaway feature etc. Obviously though they have to be built so im guessing Ibanez have supplied him with some standard models to fill the void while he waits. We'll just have to wait and see! Im hoping these six string versions will lead to a signiture model that we all can get,i mean they are only small mods to the existing prestige RGA!! Fingers crossed.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 08:21 PM Thread Starter

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, I was just saying before the gig "I don't know why he uses 7s, he never uses the seventh string", though I hope that it doesn't compromise his playing by restricting him to only using sixers, I was hoping for some seven string playing on the new album.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 AM

ah see you differ from me because I was hoping they would stop making new albums entirely.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 03:21 AM

Reviews: 21

Damn it Mustaine!!! Leave a bloke alone!!
People....i love mustaines riffs and music...but damn it he can be such a ****er.....here i am thinking Megadeth are on the verge of really becoming something special with Broderick in the fold...but alas....mustaine strikes again!
Hey Corey, where did ya read about that?
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 AM

UV-7-BK: So now everything is ruined because Mustaine made him switch to a 6-string? Fool
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 04:32 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob K View Post
UV-7-BK: So now everything is ruined because Mustaine made him switch to a 6-string? Fool
Nah dude...dont mean that at all....will always love Megadeth.....was just hoping that Chris's playing wouldve added that bottom end dimension i guess i really wanted!!
Dave is god to me...but sometimes makes me wonder
Dont be like that man
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:33 AM

Ah, OK. You just sounded a little more negative than you really were, nevermind

But you are right, some low B chugging would have been nice!
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 06:41 AM

I just think Dave should learn to let the members of Megadeth contribute what they can to the music. Brodrick is a fantastically good player. I don't know if he is more musical than Freidman but his chops are superior. I think that could really make a fresh start in the Megadeth catalouge that would be amazing. Dave already has proved he can make some of the best music around why not learn to mix it up a bit, and if CB starts to incorperate the low B and his own styles it might help Megadeth stay in the now of music longer instead of seeming to slowly drip towards being "not as good as they used to be."

Hey, it can't possibly be any worse than what Metallica have gone through musically and that should make Dave grin.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotornut View Post
Hey, it can't possibly be any worse than what Metallica have gone through musically and that should make Dave grin.
Harsh!!! But, fair
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Foulacy, they've already pretty much made the new album I was refering to

And I don't think that Dave has really stopped the members contributing to the band, I mean, look at Marty Friedman, his style made him my favourite Deth guitarist and he's the reason my favourite era is the Friedman era.
Though knowing Broderick's skill and past stuff there is a chance he could replace him in my opinions if he goes the right way about it.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 AM

It was James Lomenzo and Andy Sneap who asked Chris to play 6 strings, not Dave Mustaine.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
It was James Lomenzo and Andy Sneap who asked Chris to play 6 strings, not Dave Mustaine.
I love and hate you Petie 'cause you always know more than I do.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 09:59 AM

RGA neck-thru 7 string Chris Broderick signature, and i'll sell my soul to buy a few.
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if it'd be as simle as a chris broderick signature.
I mean, he'd need an RGA with a trem, without a locking nut.
What are the odds that they'll actually make that as a production model?
I doubt half of the mainstream players out there would want a trem and no locking nut, or even manage to use a trem with no locking nut well.

Unfortunately I don't see Ibanez getting enough sales on a Broderick sig, in a similar manner to people wanting a Dave Weiner sig (though now that Broderick's in Megadeth there may be a bit more demand for a Chris Broderick sig.)

Tags
chris broderick ibanez s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode