Christian Signature Jackson 7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 04:01 AM Thread Starter

Christian Signature Jackson 7

Christian has a Signature series 7 string model coming out from Jackson Guitars.
Christian designed the custom model with the people at Jackson and it will be available for the Namm Music Convention this summer.
Christian and Phil Demmel from Machine Head will be teaming up for a new advertising campain for the Jackson Guitar Company.

This will be interresting...the guitars he has now are beautiful. Can't believe he got a Signature guitar before Dino tho

Kim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 06:34 AM

chunky saker!
post #3 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 07:42 AM

Beautiful guitar Would've preferred a Dino signature though (with Fixed-Edge-7, EMG-707, etc.)
post #4 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Here are some of the specs:

There will be 5 different colors:

Black w/ Chrome hardware
Blue pearl red w/ black hardware
Dessert Camo w/chrome hardware
2 tone burst w/chrome hardware
natural w/ black hardware

the models with the black hardware will feature black binding and black logo.
the chrome haredware models will feature pearl binding and white or black logo.

the models will come with the foam piece above the nut just like Christian set his up on stage.

there is a favorite volume knob that Christian likes with extra grip for the ultimate volume handeling.

the model will be strung with Fender bullets nickelplated steels
010-052

We also hope to have a lefty availble.

I agree with the Dino model, I'd love one of them, but I wouldn't mind one of these too...I'm greedy

Kim
post #5 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:11 PM

i think it'd look better without the reverse headstock
post #6 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

I like reversed headstocks...that's one of the reasons I ordered the SC607. But it would look awesome with a normal headstock too. They should make release his new Custom KingV Jacksons as sig models as well...that would be kool

Kim
post #7 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:45 PM

Wow, that is seriously one beautiful guitar! I'm assuming it's standard scale length? I think it'd be great if they put out a standard scale and a baritone, like the Stephen Carpenter ESP's.
post #8 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 02:46 PM

I really don't like Fear Factory. I wouldn't mind having a nice Jackson 7, though.
post #9 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 05:00 PM

My kinda guitar. Oh so beautiful, and shiny black.

The foam string dampener is kinda stupid, IMO. Electrical tape works far better for dampening strings, plus not everyone wants their strings dampened.
post #10 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wound
I like reversed headstocks...that's one of the reasons I ordered the SC607. But it would look awesome with a normal headstock too. They should make release his new Custom KingV Jacksons as sig models as well...that would be kool

Kim

i'm not saying i don't like reverse headstocks (i have a guitar with one), just that i don't like jackson headstocks reversed.
post #11 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalWarrior
i'm not saying i don't like reverse headstocks (i have a guitar with one), just that i don't like jackson headstocks reversed.
I agree the Jackson headstocks aren't the nicest around, but I don't mind em.

Kim
post #12 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 07:57 PM Thread Starter

Apparently there will also be a SF green army version and a desert camo version.
The scale will be 25,5" which sux...I would prefer a 27" version...

Kim
post #13 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 03:54 AM

I guess the body is alder? Jackson makes great guitars. I just got one of the 6 strings with the sustainer. I'd love to have one of these 7's. I don't think I'm allowed to purchase any more guitars, though.

How does he play like that?
post #14 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:33 AM

Anyone else think the neck looks kinda thin at the nut end in that picture?

And what exactly does a piece of foam behind the nut do?
post #15 of 76 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:06 AM

Yeah, the neck looked REALLY narrow at the nut end to my eye, too. I had to do a double-take just to confirm that it was, in fact, a 7-string.

I'm guessing the foam behind the nut is to either mute any odd harmonics and overtones you might get from the strings resonating behind the nut, or maybe it's there to help prevent the strings from hopping out of the nut slots under heavy abuse.

That's one reason i like straight string pull from the nut to the tuner. Those angled headstocks splay the strings out on some pretty sharp angles from the nut, which could bind the strings up too much. I'd be worried about them popping out on a guitar without a locking nut.

Tags
beautiful guitar , chrome hardware , custom shop , darren wilson , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , guitar players , headstock design , high strings , jackson guitars , locking nut , lower strings , mike mushok , peavey wolfgang , production model , retainer bar , reverse headstock , reverse headstocks , reversed headstock , scale lengths , signature guitar , stephen carpenter , steve vai , string tension , trem guitar , usa custom shop , zakk wylde

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode