Christian Wolbers signature coming our way...... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-22-2005, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Christian Wolbers signature coming our way......

I saw this on the fear factory site recently and got some info for it from the FF forums, sounds nice :

http://www.fearfactory.com/html/inde....htm~mainFrame

It's apparently going to be available in the following colors :
Natural Mahogany
Black
Blue/pearl red
Gretsch green
Silverburst 2 tone (with a floyd rose trem)

and also a Camo finish is supposedly gonna be available. Price is estimated to be arnd $1000.

I wldn't mind getting one of these.

Last edited by Battle-axe; 01-22-2005 at 07:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 04:50 AM

Re: Christian Wolbers signature coming our way......

Awesome news, this is the 7 I have been waiting for! Especially that red 7string he plays. I love that guitar so much! I would part with $1000 for one defenitely. I would only get the blue pearl/red one though. That guitar completely does it for me! I have been looking at one of those for ages now!

Is there any rough date for release yet? Cant wait!
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 04:58 AM

I have just taken a look on VWall guitars, and they are talking about getting them in soonish. I am going to make an enquiry on getting one ASAP. They look pretty decent. The pics show the Camo and Black model.

See here: http://vwallguitars.com/Jackson_Olde_Wolbers.html
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 05:39 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, i'm definetly gonna look into getting one of these, i wonder when the other colors r gonna be available, blue pearl/red does sound nice, and these r for $799 which is a pretty decent price i think.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 05:59 AM Thread Starter

I wonder if it's gonna have a 27 inch scale.

(I always thot tht the guitars Christian used were all neck-thru, sadly this isn't)
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:16 AM

Yeah, the neck-thru would have been nice I must admit. And I think the price is great for what your getting. Your gettin an ebony board, EMG pickup, good hardware....Your gettin a good deal all round. I am going to get one - just a case of when, I will make a few enquiries today.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 10:56 AM

I'd like to see the natural mahogany version !
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Jst checked the new jackson price sheet, it's 1099 for the blk and 1499 for the camo ...........i wonder how itll compare to the stephen carpenter 7 and 7 baritone, since its in the same price range.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:30 AM

I am quite impressed with the range of colour options. Christian only really plays the black and red ones live I believe, so I expected only those colours to be available. For the prices these are going for - I expect these to be very succesfull for Jackson. Especially considering the prices of Ibanez going up recently. I know you cant neccesarily compare the two, but I think Jackson are onto a winner here.
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle-axe
Jst checked the new jackson price sheet, it's 1099 for the blk and 1499 for the camo ...........i wonder how itll compare to the stephen carpenter 7 and 7 baritone, since its in the same price range.
But remember that is RRP. They wont be that price in a shop. Go to any dealer of them (VWall Guitars) and they wont cost that much I can garuantee.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

They shld really put Christian's 7 string King V out into the market as well
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 11:55 AM

Yeah, that really would be somthing! But I cant see that ever happening apart from maybe a customshop creation that is in a limited run. Would be cool to see though!
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-23-2005, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

I was jst checking out the other fixed bridge 7s available, it seems to me that the sc-607(b) or the new viper-407 seems like a much better deal than these christian wolber signatures. Both have EMG 81-7s (the viper also has a 707), they have the pleasant feature of a neck thru or a set neck (on the viper), plus with the binding, etc. they have a much nicer appearence. Tho it sure is gonna be confusin deciding between the sc-607, sc-607b, viper-407, schecter hellraiser C-7 and the jackson 7. At least theres some variety in the fixed bridge 7 section.

P.S. - I got a mail from scott at vwall guitars saying tht a baritone 7 is anticipated

Last edited by Battle-axe; 01-23-2005 at 06:56 PM.
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 05:20 AM

Yeah, there are plenty of options this year at least! There is some good stuff coming out from other companies this year. I am defenitely going to look away from Ibanez a bit more this year - my tastes are changing a little now!

The SC607B is still soooo sweet though!

Last edited by the.godfather; 01-24-2005 at 05:44 AM.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 01-24-2005, 10:17 AM

I couldn't make out the "Made in XXXXXX" sticker on the back of the photo he had of the camo 6-string on vwall's site, but at those prices, you can be fairly certain that these are made in Korea. This isn't a big deal to me, but i know it might be for some of you guys. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a TonePros bridge, though.

Tags
custom jackson , custom shop , custom shop guitar , darren wilson , ebony board , fixed bridge , floyd rose , floyd rose trem , jackson custom shop , jackson guitars , neck joint , neck thru , production model , stephen carpenter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode