Close family meeting for Nuno. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 01:47 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Close family meeting for Nuno.

Not sure if I should post it here, since far from all the guitars are prestige, forgive me if Iím doing wrong.

I did send some shots of my new home studio to Nuno (Ibanez87.it guy) the other day.
One was a picture were you could see the wall were some guitars are hanging, and he asked if I could get a family shot of my guitars to post here at JEMsite.
I have no space to get all guitars in there (and a bunch of them are not at my home) but I took a picture of the ones that are there now (some are hanging in another room, but I left them on the wall). So this is the close family (not meaning family as the ones that are used the most), the ones that are living in my studio room.

Someone with a very sharp eye should be able to see these guitars (from top left).
1. RG550, the original from the 80ís.
2. RG3120VV, probably my al time favorite guitar.
3. RG1550FMRBT, changed neck
4. PRO580Turbot
5. PRO540S
6. RG Custom with Wilkinson trem
7. S7320

Second row.
8. RG custom with Wilkinson trem
9. RGA12 with TremoLogic trem
10. MO1
11. MD Electric sitar
12. JEM7DBK
13. RGA121

Floor (back row)
14. JEM77BRMR Custom.
15. RG550, the original from the 80ís.
16. Starfield Altair SJ Classic
17. Strato 2375ASH
18. Thermion 4x12 speaker with a Starfield US Custom in parts on it.
19. Custom built guitar.
20. RG Mikro with changed everything :-)
21. Musician
22. RG20064

Floor (front row).
23. MO2
24. AGS83B
25. PL1440
25. RG410 (from 87)
26. RG Custom
27. Starfield Altair SJ Classic
28. Washburn 5 string bas.
29. AH10FG, Allan Holdsworth (leaning at the others).
30. AF85
31. RGA121
32. Talman TC530

Here are some of the missing ones (and some of the ones in these pictures).
www.magnusolsson.com

Very sorry for the horrible color on the wallpaper. It will be changed ASAP, but I just moved here.

Almost forgott the pic.
It have been taken with a ultra wide lens so the perspectives are a bit distorted.




/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 01:59 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Rugby, UK
Posts: 2,361
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Nice Magnus - If you had to choose one, which one?
markg5150 is offline  
post #3 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:00 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 668
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Oh my god Magnus...those are beautiful!
quiksilverdew is offline  
post #4 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:01 PM
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 245
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

you son of a bitch
MattyCakes is offline  
post #5 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:03 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,366
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

HOLY COW!!! I want to play over at your house!
FloridaNative is offline  
post #6 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Thanks guys, guitar are fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg5150 View Post
Nice Magnus - If you had to choose one, which one?
I think, that if I could only save one (but I rather die ) then I probably save my MO2, it is the guitar I play the most.
But the 3120 in the picture is also very close to my heart, and some of the old 550's, since they been with me for so long.

I hate to say it, but some of these guitars are never played.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #7 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 02:51 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

So what are your thoughts on the tremoloig magnus?
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
post #8 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1 View Post
So what are your thoughts on the tremoloig magnus?
I think it is super cool, a step forward for guitar. It makes it possible to do things that never have been done before. You can create completely new things, if you feel like spending the time with it.
It takes a lot of work to get it under your belt, just to be able to do anything with it and it take even more work to do something cool. You basically have to re-learn the instrument if you really want to see the potential of this beast. And you have to have the strong mind and imagination to be able to reach for things that never been done before, witch is a very hard thing to do.

It has some benefits over a normal tremolo too, stays in tune better, stays in tune if you break a string, you can do country double stop bends without one string going down, and it doesnít steal as much tone as a normal trem does. Also look very cool.

It also have some drawback from a traditional trem, many witch are from the benefits.
You donít have a normal trem arm that affects all strings, bending feels a bit different since each sting has its own feather, it is hard to do vibrato on whole chords (like you can do with just pushing on the trem with a normal one, think Holdsworth).

My major drawback is that it is next to impossible to play (pick or pluck strings) while doing tremolo at the same time, so a Shawn Lane trem dipp into a tone is impossible.
This makes that you can only do tremolo things with sustaining notes (or with legato, and then you canít mute).

One day will there be a guy spending the time needed who does some amazing things that will make the whole world want one.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #9 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:00 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: England
Posts: 145
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Where did you get the two glass cabinets from? nice collection btw!
Necrojem is offline  
post #10 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:01 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 780
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrojem View Post
Where did you get the two glass cabinets from? nice collection btw!

Thansk.

The cabinets are from IKEA.

/Magnus
Ibanez-Mag is offline  
post #11 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:22 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: london,uk
Posts: 6,512
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

That pic is OBSCENE

It's like........looking in the heart of a porn studio

AWESOME stuff
andy7jem is offline  
post #12 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:40 PM
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Richmond, Kentucky
Posts: 3,339
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez-Mag View Post
I think it is super cool, a step forward for guitar. It makes it possible to do things that never have been done before. You can create completely new things, if you feel like spending the time with it.
It takes a lot of work to get it under your belt, just to be able to do anything with it and it take even more work to do something cool. You basically have to re-learn the instrument if you really want to see the potential of this beast. And you have to have the strong mind and imagination to be able to reach for things that never been done before, witch is a very hard thing to do.

It has some benefits over a normal tremolo too, stays in tune better, stays in tune if you break a string, you can do country double stop bends without one string going down, and it doesnít steal as much tone as a normal trem does. Also look very cool.

It also have some drawback from a traditional trem, many witch are from the benefits.
You donít have a normal trem arm that affects all strings, bending feels a bit different since each sting has its own feather, it is hard to do vibrato on whole chords (like you can do with just pushing on the trem with a normal one, think Holdsworth).

My major drawback is that it is next to impossible to play (pick or pluck strings) while doing tremolo at the same time, so a Shawn Lane trem dipp into a tone is impossible.
This makes that you can only do tremolo things with sustaining notes (or with legato, and then you canít mute).

One day will there be a guy spending the time needed who does some amazing things that will make the whole world want one.

/Magnus

You know Magnus.......Ive seen videos of you playing. Me and a drummer friend of mine spent hours one day on youtube going through guitarist that had it all style flash, pizzaz. Your playing is already touching into new realms, and its just a matter of time before you come up with something completely unique.
sniperfrommars1 is offline  
post #13 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 05:47 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 3,861
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

You should post a warning for a guy...serious eye candy!!
Distantshore is offline  
post #14 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:23 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Posts: 1,731
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

Hahaha, I'm pretty sure your JEM77BRMR Custom is the most pampered one among all your guitars. It is sitting pretty inside the glass casing to be admired and adored
TongueShredder is offline  
post #15 of 66 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 07:23 PM
Dee
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: 渋谷区、東京都
Posts: 8,514
Re: Close family meeting for Nuno.

F'ing unreal. Dude, do I see a signed-by-Holdsworth AH-20 in GREEN!!? I'm sure you understand just how rare that guitar is as much as I do. Awesome stuff. I also see a 540-SH, which is the exact Saber I want.
Dee is offline  
Reply

Tags
allan holdsworth , ibanez guitars , locking stud , locking studs , maple fingerboard , maple neck , shawn lane , trem arm , truss cover , virtual paf , wilkinson trem

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I just don't know anymore... sick-boy Off-topic / Miscellaneous 146 05-19-2007 03:55 PM
Another Tragedy Hits Broncos Family - Running Back Dies JJEMMER777 Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 02-25-2007 07:54 PM
New Guitar & New Family Photo kennydoe Gear, Equipment, Recording & Off Topic 17 01-04-2006 12:45 AM
what is close enough, on a lo pro edge? tony777 Tech: Setup, Repairs and Mods 11 02-12-2004 11:16 AM
Customs - how close are they? j i m Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 6 04-11-2001 05:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome