The collection gets an airing (pics) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
The collection gets an airing (pics)

Its been a while since I've been a regular poster so I thought I had better return with a little bit of style! I've been meaning to take some outdoor pictures of my guitars and today's sunshine gave me the perfect opportunity, so let me introduce you to the arsenal!

RGT3120 in transparent violet, IMO the best prestige Ibanez have made. Still totally stock, and it sounds and plays as good as it looks!

Ibanez RGT3120TV by Templopolis, on Flickr

DT420 Destroyer in Galaxy Black - this is the newest addition to the collection since I wanted something with a fixed bridge (and I've always had a soft spot for Destroyers). It came with some awful abalone knobs that I changed back to Sure Grips like it would have had originally. I swapped the stock pickups for a Super Distortion at the bridge and a PAF Pro at the neck. This thing SCREAMS.

Ibanez Destroyer DT420 by Templopolis, on Flickr

(more to come)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Re: The collection gets an airing (pics)

This guitar is also featured in my band's first video! http://youtu.be/VTW30Q4B3Go (WARNING - ONLY CLICK IF YOU CAN HANDLE CHEESY POWER METAL!)

RG550LTD - This is my main 'go to' guitar and the one that I use live the most. It's also the one with the most mods! I removed the middle pickup and tone control and replaced the pickguard with a new 'black mirror' one. The pups are a Tone Zone at the bridge and a PAF Pro at the neck. The trem has got a Floyd Upgrades big brass block, the springs were replaced with silent ones and (it makes a difference!) a brass spring claw. This guitar is crazy resonant, a real gem that I'm lucky to have come across.

Ibanez RG550LTD by Templopolis, on Flickr

RG7620 in 'Vampire Kiss' - This one has had the pickups swapped for a set of D-Activator 7s. I'm not a fan of active pickups but I do think they can help in defining the lower range of seven strings so these pickups were ideal. This is one of those guitars where you can get a really low action before it starts buzzing so it plays like butter.

Ibanez RG7620VK by Templopolis, on Flickr

Ibanez RG7620VK by Templopolis, on Flickr

And as a special Brucey bonus, here's my bass, a Spector Legend 5. It rarely gets out of the studio, which is a shame because it's a real looker! Anybody got a band that needs a bassist?

Spector Legend 5 by Templopolis, on Flickr
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 03:37 PM

That Destroyer is GORGEOUS.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 03:56 PM

Very cool collection, lots to like there!!
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Cheers guys!

A tip for keeping dust off guitars for shoots (and generally) - use a toothbrush! Nothing gets into the nooks and crannies quite like it. I loosen the dust with the brush then blow it off with the blower (the thing that looks like a rocket). Just don't get it mixed up with the one you use for your teeth...

Guitars Shoot by Templopolis, on Flickr
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-07-2013, 05:03 PM

Very cool collection and pics

Tags
destroyer , dt420 , rg550 , rg7620 , rgt3120

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode