Color ID and Question - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Color ID and Question

Okay first I'll start with the question:

How rare is this 540r? It has 3 mini switches for pickup selection and I've never seen anything like it before.

http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/x336753856

Also, What color is this 560?

http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/j...ion/m122304024

I've seen it around on here with people who have big collections of 560s but I dont remember what color this is called.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:02 PM

Reviews: 6
Re: Color ID and Question

couldn't tell you about the radius...but the 560 appears to be carotene orange...i'd go for the 560 if you have to choose between the 2...d.m.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:12 PM

The 540r is a first year, color looks like the blue burst, but the lighting on those pics is so bad its hard to tell. See if they can send some better ones to you.

The 560 like Diablo says is probably Carotene Orange, with a slight chance its Five alarm. Although the neck would show it as an 87 with that sticker, but the pickups in 87 didn't have the writing on them for the stock set. Can't read exactly what they say in the pics.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

I looked carefully and it looks like they say ibz usa on them. How rare is a carotine orange 560?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM

CO is not a common color. If they are ibzusa's then they were most likely pulled from a 7 series, unless they had a special Japan release with 5xx and those p/u's.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 12:32 AM

carotene is rare enough to snag because you prob won't see another any time soon...living in atlanta i have only ever seen one and still kick myself for not buying it...d.m.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 03:00 AM

Love the 560. Very bright color. It looks from those pictures to be in decent shape, but it's hard to tell for sure without closeups, of course.
I love the idea of the single-coil in the neck position. I need to wire my (1)550's to split the neck p/up alone, without the middle pickup. I love the sound of a single-coil at the neck.

With all that, I should have just said, "I'd take the 560 over the 540." But it's late, I'm tired, can't sleep and I always type too much.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

I like that orange also but I am not a fan of the square heel. Forces me to tap more because I am not used to it and can't get my fingers up to the high frets comfortably.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 12:31 PM

wouldn't the radius have a square heel as well?...i thought all the late 80's ibbys had square heels except the maxxas...d.m.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-12-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablomozart View Post
wouldn't the radius have a square heel as well?...i thought all the late 80's ibbys had square heels except the maxxas...d.m.
Yeah, both are square heel.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I like that orange also but I am not a fan of the square heel. Forces me to tap more because I am not used to it and can't get my fingers up to the high frets comfortably.
Really? I have little trouble with it. And I've commented on how small my hands are.
It's a lot easier if I cross my legs when playing sitting down. The body ends up closer to the center of my torso compared to sitting with my knees together and the guitar body is off to my right side a bit.
It seems to make getting up high a little easier.
For standing, I keep the strap pretty short so it's very close to where it is when I'm sitting cross-legged.
No Jimmy Page, down by the knees guitar going on here.
I have both a 1550 and a 550, and I hardly play the 1550 any more. I prefer the neck, and the tone, and, well; everything about the 550 better.
Jeff told me to I should sell the 1550.
Can't do that though, I'll treasure it forever.
Enough about me, I'll assume you have fairly small hands too? Since you said you have trouble with the block heel. Could it be you're just 'spoiled' by the AANJ?
I'd think with the low action you said you like it shouldn't be that hard for you. You're hands have to be bigger than mine.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

More than spoiled by AANJ, spoiled by neck through Carvin also

I love all of my guitars, and I do pick up my Square heels and play them sometimes... But even my AANJs are being kinda ignored for my JB. During my summer break from work, gonna go to the local blues bar and play in front of people and probably use my 560 Best choice for blues pup wise with the Cruisers and AT-1
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
More than spoiled by AANJ, spoiled by neck through Carvin also

I love all of my guitars, and I do pick up my Square heels and play them sometimes... But even my AANJs are being kinda ignored for my JB. During my summer break from work, gonna go to the local blues bar and play in front of people and probably use my 560 Best choice for blues pup wise with the Cruisers and AT-1
I'm sure once the 'newness' of the Carvin wears off, it will go into 'rotation' with your other guitars. I only have two, of course, but even though I love my 550 to death, I just have to pull out the 1550 and show it some love and stroking too.
I've even picked up my old Yamaha acoustic, you know, the one that you can cut cheese with the strings the action is so high?
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-13-2014, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianPCTech View Post
I'm sure once the 'newness' of the Carvin wears off, it will go into 'rotation' with your other guitars. I only have two, of course, but even though I love my 550 to death, I just have to pull out the 1550 and show it some love and stroking too.
I've even picked up my old Yamaha acoustic, you know, the one that you can cut cheese with the strings the action is so high?

I do pick up my Ibanezes from time to time, I recently picked up my 2550 and it just played so well. When I get a chance to play them, I am never disappointed

I love my all my babies but some of them I don't have a chance to use because I'm trying to find the right setup for my recital (using my JB for it).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode