Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Comparing RG2820's

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  axepert 
#1 ·
Hmmm I know this will sound weird, but can u post your RG2820 pics here - just of the body. Reason I ask, is the figure of the wood on mine seems "wormy" and wanna know if this is the same on everyones.

See what I mean?

James

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, you chose a very good guitar 8)

i got mine like 2 months ago, and my finish is less "textured". there is a very big difference in the finish from one guitar to another in this model.

but overall it kicks butt man :twisted:

i have a jem7vwh and i hardly use it since this one came in. i just love that axe.. the neck is perfect!

#4 ·
Thanks peeps

Does yours have that wood effect.... hmmm i mean, looks like a salt stain, if u know what i mean?
ie same as in my pics...
I mean the finish isnt at all like my RG3120 (flamed maple) or my Brian Moore i2000 i1 (quilted maple) - so i dunno if it's normal or a bad top :/

James

#7 ·
On the RG-5 J custom thta i played, the maple top isn't flamed at all.It's jsut blotchy.Which is actually the nature of Maple. ON hardwood floors, if oyu stain it, it looks terribly ununiform.

So on your guitar, I would say the top looks about what it should look like.You do have some lame in it though

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.