Considering to buy a discontinued Prestige model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Considering to buy a discontinued Prestige model

One store in my location is having this model in brand new, unused condition :

Ibanez Prestige RG 1820x

I was thinking that if I am to buy a Prestige, I might as well buy something that is different - a model which has features that makes it unique from today's Ibanez's line of guitar. The piezo feature makes it unique I think.

Any thoughts on this model? Also, is the Double Edge Pro ok for not-so-excessive types of tremolo antics? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, especially about the piezo PU and the Double Edge Pro.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-05-2011, 08:41 AM

Re: Considering to buy a discontinued Prestige model

The double edge trems are no different from their non-piezo bretheren. They can take the same abuse....The only thing is when you tear the guitar down (for cleaning and whatnot) don't just pop the springs off the trem and yank the trem off......Now you've got wires connected to that trem!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 AM

Reviews: 2

It if can be found cheaper or close to 2550egk (it's 650$ I think) I'd go for it. Who cares if it's discontinued
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-07-2011, 12:18 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Go for it! Discontinued, or not--doesn't make a difference. The Jem 777s were discontinued, but I'd still snag an LNG...

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys for the advise. I bought it and I am totally overwhelmed by is playability.

Any tips or advise on how to keep the Edge tremolo shiny? Any polishes or just plain cloth?
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rye715 View Post
Any tips or advise on how to keep the Edge tremolo shiny? Any polishes or just plain cloth?
If it's cosmo, clean the guitar then put it in the case and never take it out. If it's black, just wipe it down after play.

Rock on!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 03:53 PM

I have a prestige 1570 grey with black headstock and hardware dimarzio tone zone in bridge and air norton neck $700 if your interested
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2011, 04:41 PM

Go for it,

awesome guitars, just swap out the stock pups and you have possible one of the most versatile ibbys built imo

Tags
prestige 1820x

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode