Considering RG1XXV - perhaps RG870? How does it stack up? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:03 AM Thread Starter

Considering RG1XXV - perhaps RG870? How does it stack up?

Hi,

I have an Ibanez JEM7V already. Which is (obviously) great!

However, I'm GASsing for another Ibanez to add to the herd. I was considering the JEM70V, but not a big fan of the colour (it doesn't look very JEMmy to me).

In the UK, it looks like there are some sweet deals to be had on the RG1XXV at the moment. Both yellow and pink colours available. I'd probably grab the yellow as I don't think I'm brave enough for the pink

How does this guitar stack up against the other Premiums nowadays? Such as the RG870?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM

Re: Considering RG1XXV - perhaps RG870? How does it stack up?

Go for the pink, real men play pink guitars lol

As for the sound, my friend has the yellow one and it sounds really good. The stock pups are totally worth it. It has a nice fast neck. I havent picked up an 870 before so i cant really compare but for me, it fits my hands better than a J Custom (that is just WAY too thin for me :/ )

If i could get one, I'd buy pink all the way
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 02:18 PM

You won't go wrong with either. Both are beautiful and VERY playable while the RG1XXV has better pickups but I would change them anyways. Personally I like the RG870 better because of the quilted tops. Mine is in Black Ice and adore it. The only thing that is the difference betweern the Prestige and Premium are the pickups and the bridge but Edge Zero II is incredibly stable and I love it. I put EMGs in mine it's all set now.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Any trip reports from those that have had the RG1XXV? I ask because it is hard to get a good feel for the colour with pictures... and no local stores have them in stock, so this would be an online purchase...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode