A couple days late but NGD! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

A couple days late but NGD!

I was trolling Ishibashi on Thursday night, like I typically do when I have nothing better to do... And the girl on the right was there

So she's an RGR580JBB. This is the 2nd of 3 catalog colors for the RGR580. I did more research on the model and my 580PL (left one) has a 1998 wizard neck, and the JBB (a 2000, the last year of production iirc) has the MIJ Wizard II. She'S definitely players condition, lots of chips in the finish and a couple cracks in the neck joint (they look to be cracks in the finish and not the wood but I'm going to have my guy take a look at it soon). She plays great though and that MIJ wiz II neck is a monster of a neck. It's the perfect neck profile.

Dont have a lot of pics as I was stupid busy this past weekend and didnt have time to take any more but as soon as I can, there will be more coming.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 01:08 PM

Re: A couple days late but NGD!

Great score Matias! it looks awesome and i'm sure it plays just as good, is the MIJ Wizard II the same as the "regular" Wizard II? and also i can't see it from the picture but is the headstock matched, or is it black?
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 03:32 PM

Reviews: 10

very nice - sweet buttery maple...mmm I like black headstocks on colored guitars
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2016, 08:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafafas View Post
Great score Matias! it looks awesome and i'm sure it plays just as good, is the MIJ Wizard II the same as the "regular" Wizard II? and also i can't see it from the picture but is the headstock matched, or is it black?
It's matched. the lighting is bad in the pic.

I wouldn't say it's the same, the thing about the MIJ wizard II is that it's actually a lot beefier than a regular wizard. When I was feeling the necks on my other guitars, the MIJ Wizard II is a hair thinner than my Carvin with the thinner neck profile.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 12:59 PM

Happy NGD Matias-san! I like the fading colour at the edge of the body, that's sweeet.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
It's matched. the lighting is bad in the pic.

I wouldn't say it's the same, the thing about the MIJ wizard II is that it's actually a lot beefier than a regular wizard. When I was feeling the necks on my other guitars, the MIJ Wizard II is a hair thinner than my Carvin with the thinner neck profile.
Oh i see, i've only played a Wizard II neck on a Korean RG i have, it's a good neck though i was just curious if it was the same.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
Happy NGD Matias-san! I like the fading colour at the edge of the body, that's sweeet.
I think it's jewel blue Burst (That's why it's JBB). It's really nice looking, but it does have a lot of chips in the paint. I'll take pics of all that stuff when I get some time.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2016, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh i see, i've only played a Wizard II neck on a Korean RG i have, it's a good neck though i was just curious if it was the same.
I had an Indonesion Wiz II on my old 350EXZ. IMO the MIJ is far superior in just about every way (I have the same opinion on neck dimensions as psychoshredder, old school feels better than the newer stuff). I've never tried any Korean Ibbies so I can't compare in that sense, but MIJ is definitely better imo.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I had an Indonesion Wiz II on my old 350EXZ. IMO the MIJ is far superior in just about every way (I have the same opinion on neck dimensions as psychoshredder, old school feels better than the newer stuff). I've never tried any Korean Ibbies so I can't compare in that sense, but MIJ is definitely better imo.
Oh yea i know i have a 91 RG550, the original wizard neck is superb but honestly i find the newer MIJ necks to be just as good.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2016, 01:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Oh yea i know i have a 91 RG550, the original wizard neck is superb but honestly i find the newer MIJ necks to be just as good.
I dunno, I've tried prestige wizard necks (RG1550, 2550, 3770DX) and the only one of those I really liked was the 1550. The 2550 and 3770 I never bonded with. The old Wizards and MIJ wizard IIs are where it's at for me.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Pics of the dings and and cracks

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-22-2016, 11:14 AM Thread Starter

A couple pics are blurry but you're not gonna get perfect out of me after the day of work I've had :/
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 11:25 AM

Oh wow! Love the look of that machine! I thikn the combo of reverse headstock, maple fretboard and jewel blue finish is staggeringly hot. Perhaps if they colour coded the headstock like your white one it would be even more awesome.
I think you should do the DA/DAX pickup combo mate, it will suit that guitar so well
I see she's got the original Edge eh? Just like my JEM (naturally) and 550 (2000 model that you may have seen here a while back, sold now)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-25-2016, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolanTHUNDER View Post
Oh wow! Love the look of that machine! I thikn the combo of reverse headstock, maple fretboard and jewel blue finish is staggeringly hot. Perhaps if they colour coded the headstock like your white one it would be even more awesome.
I think you should do the DA/DAX pickup combo mate, it will suit that guitar so well
I see she's got the original Edge eh? Just like my JEM (naturally) and 550 (2000 model that you may have seen here a while back, sold now)
Yeah OE, like every good Ibanez

It's not jewel blue, it's jewel blue burst or something, there's a thin light blue burst around the edges of the body. I'll have to take a couple pics of it so it'll show up, but it's nicer than just jewel blue.

I'm still thinking about it, as I have like no money for pickups for the forseeable future, and the stock pickups aren't bad, just really weak. They need some insane gain boosting to even get them to where I want them to get to. They are actually lower output than the V1/V2s imo.

The greatest thing about this guitar is that MIJ wizard 2 neck. It's really close to my carvin neck and plays AMAZINGLY.

Tags
rgr580jbb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode