Couple of Questions (RG1550M) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Couple of Questions (RG1550M)

I just picked up a beautiful RG1550M. I have to say I love it! The maple neck is fabulous. The pickups suck though but thats a given!

My question is this guitar has a pickguard. Is there anyway I can purchase a pickguard from another RG series or JEM to make this H/H instead of H/S/H? Also tuning this thing has been pretty tough what is the best way to block my bridge in order to tune it? I leave this in floating mode. Last question... I'm thinking about the Air Norton Neck and DSonic Bridge pickup selection (previously an EMG81/89 guy), how do you think this will sound? I play mostly rock and metal and love that John Petrucci sound.

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 04:30 PM

Re: Couple of Questions (RG1550M)

Well Petrucci has used both of those in his career so you should have no problem sounding like him. For the pickguard, check out the bay.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 05:14 PM

Blocking the bridge sounds to tune is a bit of a crazy idea...Seems like it just not setup properly.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm View Post
Blocking the bridge sounds to tune is a bit of a crazy idea...Seems like it just not setup properly.
On my FR I put a spoon under the bridge to keep it level.

Also I have been debating the Air Norton and Liquid fire in the neck, and the X2n, Steve Special, or D-Sonic. The Liquid Fire sounds like its a clearer Air Norton but the bridge is the one I cant decide on. I play in standard tuning and love bright sounds that have a glassy tone. Think Vito Bratta.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode