Couple Things I'm Working On... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 16
Couple Things I'm Working On...

Here's a couple of things that I'm working on at the moment. They're turning out really well. Below are some pics.

The first is a Fireman made of korina. The grain is finally sealed up and today was the first of a few clear coats. This body will eventually get a neck made of korina as well. Electronics will come from an older Fender. I've got a clear pickguard and cavity cover made for this too. It should be a screamer!

The second is a RG made of african mahogany. Tung oil was used to get the grain sealed up and leveled off. I then sanded it all down to get everything flat and started hand rubbing tung oil back in. This is after two applications. I'll do some more tomorrow and finish it off with some polish. It'll end up looking like a clear coat, but in fact be a thin layer of tung oil. This body will be getting a 5 piece neck (maple and purpleheart) which is ready to be cut this week. This guitar will get a Evo in the bridge and a PAF Joe in the neck with lo-pro trem.

Anyways, I thought I'd post some pics of them. Everyone likes pics of guitars, right?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Re: Couple Things I'm Working On...

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:24 PM

Reviews: 1

Holy crap the RG is amazing

(Not that the Fireman isn't, I'm sure its a great guitar for some, I just prefer standard shapes )

Good job

Last edited by Zgicc; 12-31-2009 at 06:38 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 07:33 PM

Very nice job on both bodies. I'm with Zgicc on this one in that for me the RG looks best and for the same reason too but the Fireman is very cool as well. I'd be very interested to see both finished articles. So far so good!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-30-2009, 11:26 PM

Reviews: 19

Both look excellent.
I envy your talent!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 09:35 AM
Hub

Yeah, the figuring of the mahogany in that rg is just awesome

Great job!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Reviews: 2

I was going to post how hot that Fireman is, and I'm not a big fan of the Fireman or Iceman shape, but then I scrolled down and saw the RG.

Sweet Jesus! That's one of the sexiest guitars I have ever seen in my life. I'm learning how to build guitars myself (very, very slowly) and I have nothing but envy and respect every guitar you post.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
I was going to post how hot that Fireman is, and I'm not a big fan of the Fireman or Iceman shape, but then I scrolled down and saw the RG.

Sweet Jesus! That's one of the sexiest guitars I have ever seen in my life. I'm learning how to build guitars myself (very, very slowly) and I have nothing but envy and respect every guitar you post.

Thanks! That RG is really turning out great. I hope the customer likes it.

Tags
2018 customs , courtney2018 , fireman , ibanez , ibanez rg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode