Crack in RG Trem Hole - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Crack in RG Trem Hole

i took apart my RG today to give it a good cleaning and upon inspection i found a body crack that runs almost the entire depth of the body along the back of one of the holes that my trem posts sit in. what should i do about this ? im not ever looking to resell the guitar and i had considered just epoxying in the crack but i figured id check here if there is a better remedy. thanks in advace :]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 08:56 PM

Re: Crack in RG Trem Hole

do you have an edge pro with no locking studs? it would be interesting if it was because I wonder if non locking studs do that sometimes. But how you describe it sounds like a giant crack which I don't ever like to see giant cracks in my guitar But I don't know if it is something like bad, filling the crack might work but let some1 with more knowledge know
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:18 PM

a non locking stud edge pro shouldn't cause cracks like that, it would be more likely to round wander a bit in the hole making a more oval like hole for the trem post.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

its a regular edge with the locking studs
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 AM

Take pictures, man! Host it before you post it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 AM Thread Starter

sister is away on rodeo for the weekend with my camera so those'll have to wait untill sunday. i wasnt having tuning issues. i just found it odd to be cracked when im not much of a trem user. im not suprised though, i did buy it used. quite a while back.

Tags
locking stud , locking studs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode