Crazy guitar - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Crazy guitar

I normally would have put this in the Other ibanez section but i know more people look over here and this is really interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...18671&rd=1

Anyone ever heard of these?

Moved to the correct forum, (should have had to do that really should I ? )

Please folks, don't post where you feel like posting, just to get more views, post where it's supposed to go, and if possible post pics, not links to live ebay acutions.

Thanks,
jono

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:39 PM

Reviews: 1
Yes, it was an older Ibanez production model that is no more.
I'd love to try one out...

Bamm
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:56 PM

i know i heard the name once

anyway, isnt that way too cool a neckjoint for an '87
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz

I've got one A Black Maxxas MX-2. Bought it brand new in 1997. It had been hanging in the store for 10 years, but with a 50% discount I just couldn't let it hang there.
And it does have an AANJ. I don't know why they didn't put it on the Jem.
The fretwork is very good, immaculate even, smooth as silk all the way.
The Edge-Backstop combination is also worth mentioning. I could go one about it all for hours, but I won't.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 02:31 PM

Freakin' cool guitar, freakin' stupid price.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eristic
Freakin' cool guitar, freakin' stupid price.
Yeah but on ebay they go for more than $1000 and this one's mint ... let's say it's a stupid starting price. Did you find one for less this past year?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 04:15 PM

I really dont like those Maxxas at all, I think they look hideous. I actually think they look tacky and very cheap. Almost like an old cheapo guitar that you get with a small crappy 5watt amp package. I just dont like it in the slightest. I wouldnt pay $100, let alone more.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Sorry Jono,

Please do not stab me with your BC Rich Warlock. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
I really dont like those Maxxas at all, I think they look hideous. I actually think they look tacky and very cheap. Almost like an old cheapo guitar that you get with a small crappy 5watt amp package. I just dont like it in the slightest. I wouldnt pay $100, let alone more.
Gary - The.Godfather
What a senseless rant...especially on the Jemsite forum...Jems tend to look very tacky
Guess you've never actually played, seen or heard one. They've got quality written all over them.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 08:15 AM

Got to agree with Gary on this one. To me the Maxxas look like nasty cheap guitars. Note I said look like - not are. Never played one and they may well be great I just don't like the look.

As for Jems looking tacky - surely that is a point of view not commonly shared round here!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 12:21 PM

I really couldnt care less! It may have been a senseless rant but at least I am honest. I dont like them at all - I think they are hideous, and if you dont think so, so be it. No I havent seen or played one, and frankly I dont want to either! Its all personal opinions at the end of the day mate - but I would never pay some hard earned money on one of those things!

And when you say "especially on the Jemsite forum", why does that make any difference? I wasnt slagging off Jems, Vai or anything like that. I was slagging off the Maxxas. And I dont think this site is called "Maxxas-site".

Its all personal taste.
Gary - The.Godfather
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texter
Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz

I've got one A Black Maxxas MX-2. Bought it brand new in 1997. It had been hanging in the store for 10 years, but with a 50% discount I just couldn't let it hang there.
And it does have an AANJ. I don't know why they didn't put it on the Jem.
The fretwork is very good, immaculate even, smooth as silk all the way.
The Edge-Backstop combination is also worth mentioning. I could go one about it all for hours, but I won't.
Cool, thanx for the info, and if you want to go on about it for hours, start a thread and post pics
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.godfather
And when you say "especially on the Jemsite forum", why does that make any difference?
I think he was challenging your notion of 'tacky' because we're all here talking about a line of guitars which includes flourescent green, pink and yellow (usually on the same guitar), handles cut into the body, vines along the length of the neck, and more pearl and abalone than King Neptune's retirement fund. But that's part of the charm.

I've never played a Maxxas but I think they look great. However when I first saw pictures of them I thought it looked a bit too 50s Science Fictiony. I almost expect to see it dangling from fishing line over a cardboard backdrop of space.

Tags
production model , rich warlock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode