Crazy prizes for a schecter! what to do? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:15 PM Thread Starter

Crazy prizes for a schecter! what to do?

iīm getting a Schecter C-7 Blackjack, as i have mentioned in other threads...

first problem is, the place iīm gunna buy it from, wants $1.543 for it... itīs REAL price is $869, according to the schecter site... and thatīs with added earnings, the shop buys it alot cheaper than this...

Second problem is, i canīt get it anywhere else, because my cash is in gift certificate form ($837, iīd add the rest of the price afterwards), and theyīre refusing me to trade it back into cash...

so, i thought maybe itīs so expensive because itīs shipped to norway, but i canīt seem to make any sense of that, i mean shipping it to a business canīt be that darn expensive...

anyone have ideas as to what i can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:21 PM

Re: Crazy prizes for a schecter! what to do?

buy it from someplace else
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:23 PM

Buy something else.
post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

iīm not buying anything else, itīs THE guitar, and iīm not getting anything else...

and i CANīt buy it anywhere else, they refuse to trade the gift certificate for money, so whatever i buy has to be from them...
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM

Then what do you want from us? I guess your only other option is to bend over and pay them what they want
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:35 PM Thread Starter

well, i want someone that has experience with overpriced stuff to share tips about what i could say to make them listen...

theyīre not losing any money by pricing it down... and there is no excuse i know of that can justify nearly doubling the price of an item...

i think what i really want is to vent my irritation and share it with you, so you can all learn (although most of you have robably learned already) that buying through the net beats buying through shops by miles...
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:38 PM

Got it, it sucks that you are getting hosed man. If I'm looking at your math right, your gift cert. is only covering about half of the price, right? If that's the case why not use the gift cert on something else and buy the guitar elsewhere for a more reasonable price.

Musicians Friend sells it for $600, and that seems high to me. Do you have anyone in the states that could order it and send it to you?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:54 PM

You can also buy it from www.********.com or www.drumcityguitarland.com if Musicians Friend don't have it in stock or something.

But those 3 online shops are great.

DCGL actually set it up how YOU want it, so you could tell them your Drop-G gauges, get them to string & tune it; adjust the action to how you want etc.

EDIT- WTF does it blur out M-U-S-I-C-1-2-3?!!!

Anyways, it's Music 123 (all 1 word).

Last edited by rivera213; 01-17-2007 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Dumbass forum editing.
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:58 PM

Damn thats dirty. You ever seen Pulp Fiction? Emulate the scene and you should be fine...

You may want to invest in a shotgun instead though.
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 10:26 PM

Well, according to my calculations and experience, if you bought the guitar at their list price in the States and got it shipped to Australia, by the time you'd paid the shipping (typically $360 - $400USD) and paid duty and GST (approx 15% of the summed purchase price, shipping and insurance cost) on the item when it lands, it would cost me $1413USD to get it here, so unfortunately they don't appear to be too far out my friend.

The only guitars that it seems to make sense to personally ship at least to here are PRS's and Custom Shop Fenders - both of which have heartstopping markups on the local market.
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 11:42 PM

Ive shipped to Sweden for around $115 through the post office. I dont know about Australia though.
post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Ive shipped to Sweden for around $115 through the post office. I dont know about Australia though.
I've had, I think, four guitars privately shipped to Australia, and every time it has ended up costing between $360 and $400..... I guess that's what you get when you live within sight of the edge of the world.......
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MF_Kitten View Post
iīm getting a Schecter C-7 Blackjack, as i have mentioned in other threads...

first problem is, the place iīm gunna buy it from, wants $1.543 for it... itīs REAL price is $869, according to the schecter site... and thatīs with added earnings, the shop buys it alot cheaper than this...

Second problem is, i canīt get it anywhere else, because my cash is in gift certificate form ($837, iīd add the rest of the price afterwards), and theyīre refusing me to trade it back into cash...

so, i thought maybe itīs so expensive because itīs shipped to norway, but i canīt seem to make any sense of that, i mean shipping it to a business canīt be that darn expensive...

anyone have ideas as to what i can do?
My suggestion is to look online to see how much that guitar GENERALLY sells for. Multiply that price by 25% for the Norwegian import tax plus whatever % the duty/tariff is on guitars and then tack on $150-200 or so for shipping. The result is how much you would be able to get that guitar imported from the US. Use that # to negotiate/haggle with the guitar shop by saying that this is how much it costs in the US and if you import the guitar yourself, this is how much you'll be paying after shipping, duty and taxes.
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:21 AM

Wow. That's alot for a Blackjack. You sure you can't find a better deal out there? Drew just acquired one not too long ago for a decent price. Maybe he could tell you where to shop for one. They are nice guitars. I played his and I liked it alot more than his Hellraiser.
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 01:46 AM Thread Starter

i actually did some math yesterday with the Music 123 price, thatīs $599...

shipping to norway, according to the site costs $64... and with added 25% VAT, it actually amounts to something close to the list price...
which i can afford smoothleh... :P

*************** doesenīt ship to norway from what iīve seen...
Drum City Guitar Land (sounds like a weird asian film) has it for the same price as Music 123...

the site i was interested in at first, was playback-europe.com, since itīs european, but with the added cost it gets a little pricey...

i donīt know anyone that could send it for me, and i canīt buy anything else and then get the guitar elsewhere, this is all the money i got, plus a little extra that my mom is paying for me...

yeah, iīve seen pulp fiction, great film

and yeah, iīm gunna use the full imported price to my advantage in this one...

thank you all for uplifting words, i needed that... iīm ready to haggle their butts off now... i love you people here at Jemsite! ;P

Tags
custom guitar , custom shop , guitar shop , jeff loomis , schecter omen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode