Crazy Thoughts.... - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 09:23 PM Thread Starter

Crazy Thoughts....

Its late, as I study here for an exam.. but as usuall in these cases, my mind drifts to my favourate subject... guitars. Now check out the nutty thing that I was thinking of.

We have approximately 1800 registered users here at Jemsite and an untold number of others who come and visit. If all interested were to get togther and agree on the options and were to come up with a definitive series of specs, would we not be able to propose to Ibanez to build a guitar to our needs?

After checking out the more or less custom guitars which Guitar Center can get, I assumed that if the numbers were there, couldn't we do the same?

The hard part is obviously agreeing on the specs... to see how hard this is just check out all the threads with everones wish lists, wants and desires . The other hard part is price!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:05 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

I have to say, no disrespect to this fine forum, that I wouldn't want to buy a guitar designed by committee. Even if it's a committee full of handsome, erudite, well-mannered shred Adonises (let alone this place). :biggrin:

"Six strings! Seven strings! Duncans! DiMarzios! Lo-Pro! Double Edge! Fixed bridge! RG, JEM, Sabre, Radius, Voyager! Maplerosewoodebony! Vinepyramidssharktoothdots!"

I think you can see my point.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:14 PM

Reviews: 2
Crazy Thoughts....

Crazy thought indeed...we are all individuals and we like different things, the more members you have in a group the harder it is to come to a concensus.

That custom shop idea which will probably never happen is a more viable option for ibanez.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-26-2001, 10:53 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

that would be the Communist Guitar! *a guitar for the people, decided by a group of central planners! * let's do it! *i mean, look how well communism worked for Russi - oh wait, um, look how well it worked for Germa - oh, hmm... er... *Chin - eek... er... * Ital, * well, um, it'll work NEXT TIME! *i swear!!!! <coughcough>

yeah and then we can relearn history! * Ibanez invented the guitar in 1850... * then Ibanez made the first electric guitar... *
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:00 AM

Crazy Thoughts....

Yeah, I don't think that would work. *Unless Ibanez can find a way to build a:

Custom JEM/Sabre/RG/JPM
with
Alder/Basswood/whatever body
and
Ebony/Maple/Rosewood fingerboard
and a
Wizard/Jem neck
as well as
DiMarzio/Duncan/everything else
with
6/7 strings
and a
Lo-Pro/Edge/Double-Edge/fixed bridge
and
Monkey Grip/Lion's Claw/None/Both

lol
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 08:30 AM

Crazy Thoughts....

Suppose, we have agreed on the axe, which will be only possible with compromisses by the contributors. And, that means it would be no ones axe! Got my point?...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 12:06 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

What about a jemsite poll and the most popular features become a feature in the guitar? I don't think Ibanez would make it but it would be neat to see what we come up with.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 03:01 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

A poll is just another way of developing a guitar for the masses... majority rule. Voting on "popular" features isn't the way to get something new/different/innovative, nor does it mean that you'll end up with a guitar that has universal appeal. If there were one "perfect" guitar, why are there so many different ones out there?

I wouldn't buy a guitar designed by Jemsite members because my tastes are different. For example, anything adorned with vines, pyramids, swirly paint jobs or neon colours, lion's claw, monkey grip, H-S-H pickup config, pickguard and/or pointy body horns doesn't hold much appeal for me at all.

(hmm... why am i here?)

It'd be an interesting exercise to see which features are most popular, but i don't think it would yield anything compelling in terms of a feature set for a new model... i suspect it'd end up being an ash-bodied PMC with a VWH neck, purple vine inlay and a Sustainer... or something along those lines.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 07:11 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

Quote:
Quote: from darren wilson on 2:01 pm on Feb. 27, 2001
I wouldn't buy a guitar designed by Jemsite members because my tastes are different. For example, anything adorned with vines, pyramids, swirly paint jobs or neon colours, lion's claw, monkey grip, H-S-H pickup config, pickguard and/or pointy body horns doesn't hold much appeal for me at all.
You sound like a BIG rg/jem/uv fan.:sarcasm:

(Edited by Noodles at 6:12 pm on Feb. 27, 2001)
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 09:05 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

I actually did an essay for english class on the topic of there being no perfect guitar everyone will like. *I think it got 7/10. lol *Damn teacher! *IT WAS GOOD DAMMIT!!! *calms down* *I'll be ok, I just have to take some time to come to terms with it....IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!! *kicks and screams*
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-27-2001, 11:58 PM

Crazy Thoughts....

Quote:
Quote: from ShredHead42 on 10:53 pm on Feb. 26, 2001

yeah and then we can relearn history! * Ibanez invented the guitar in 1850... * then Ibanez made the first electric guitar... *
PS
i heard someone else say that ibanez invented the guitar in that same era. i am posting a thread in this column on guitar history, check it out.

scott

Tags
custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jem , custom shop , darren wilson , electric guitar , fixed bridge , jem neck , monkey grip , rosewood fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode