Crazy Town Custom - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Crazy Town Custom

I was watching Much Music's "Exposed" special on Crazy Town (basically they hang out with them for a day or two and follow them on their usual routine of whatever they do) and at one point they were writing/recording in the studio and the guitarist was playing a custom Ibanez that was really nice. It was a Radius body with a SC-type headstock (like on the Mushok Model) and it was all white with two white humbuckers (looked like EMGs). Anyone have any more info/pictures of this guitar? It was nice...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-24-2004, 03:10 PM

is it the white one with the js/r body style? i know he has a custom 5 string one of those
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
is it the white one with the js/r body style? i know he has a custom 5 string one of those
Yea, that's the one, 5-string you say? That's really...odd. But maybe that's just me, as I'm a 7-stringer
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-25-2004, 11:55 PM

yea, i think there was a pic of him with it in a guitar world mag or something, it caught my i (as most ibanez do) and saw that it was a 5 stringer, i thought, now what would i do with that?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 05:12 PM

I think its designed like the cello blaster guitars schecter makes which the guy also endorses. Not really positive on that one though
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
I think its designed like the cello blaster guitars schecter makes which the guy also endorses. Not really positive on that one though
Ah I remember the cello-blasters. The short-lived (yea they don't make 'em anymore) attempt to create an alternative to the 7-string: 5 strings, tuned in 5ths starting at low-A.

Now we're on to baritones, what's next?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-26-2004, 09:40 PM

ha ha! i have the GW with the cello blaster rewiew in it, i think its jan 2000. they had a comment about why get a 5 when u can i already got a 6 string , i guess cuz its tuned in 5ths and has an extended scale... y not just get a baritone 6 and do that with the ability to play all ur 3rd chords and do that, or just move on to a 7 string... oh wait, im already there... yes!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan7620
they had a comment about why get a 5 when u can i already got a 6 string , i guess cuz its tuned in 5ths and has an extended scale...
That'd be my guess. The different tuning would mean different chord structures would be possible too, so it'd have a different "voice".
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-27-2004, 05:06 PM

Actually alex gregory holds the patent on the cello blaster and i dont think hes willing to license it to schecter anymore due to some falling out. I think you can still by a version of that from penta systems. As far as i know doesnt he hold a patent for the seven string as well? He at least was the first to apply for one i think

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two hands31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
Ah I remember the cello-blasters. The short-lived (yea they don't make 'em anymore) attempt to create an alternative to the 7-string: 5 strings, tuned in 5ths starting at low-A.

Now we're on to baritones, what's next?

Tags
custom ibanez

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode