Ibanez JEM Forum banner

custom bodies

3K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  GilkyBear 
#1 ·
A couple of guitars I am starting. Bodies are routed for ZR trem and will use RG prestige necks. Love the ZR's but wanted 24 frets. Body is one I designed for a Steinberger R-trem hence the cutout. Really like the way it feels and looks so I left the cutout. Anyways just thought I would share. I know alot of you have said you would love an RG with a ZR. This is my version.

See less See more
#12 ·
Ayrton said:
Sweet man...

Does this CNC place regularly do guitar bodies and can you tell me the place?
CNC reffers to the automated routing machine that is attached to a computer which you program to cut out things certain ways . Almost all guitar companies use them , they are very efficent and and replicated near exact copies of any one body styling .

#13 ·
j.arledge said:
CNC reffers to the automated routing machine that is attached to a computer which you program to cut out things certain ways . Almost all guitar companies use them , they are very efficent and and replicated near exact copies of any one body styling .
I know what CNC is, but he may have provided the .dfx file and just used thier machine. I need someone who can replicate the 550 body in alder.

#15 ·
The guy I had cut them for me is a luthier who just does guitars I believe. He did them as kind of a favor for me but I will contact him and ask him if he would be interested in doing ZR equipped RG clones. I know there was quite a bit of programming for the ZR route, and I know he is not interested in doing finish work so people would have to get them finished themselves. I sent him an S-body and he used that to copy the ZR route. Anyways I'll contact him and if he says it is OK I'll post and anyone interested can PM me for the info. I know he is busy with his own line right now so I don't know how interested he would be but I'll definitely ask him.

Monte

#17 ·
So I am going to have this luthier build me two RG bodies with a ZR trem. I will equip them with a type 1 ZR, a type 2 ZR, and prestige necks. I was going to have him do them both with AANJ's and one with a pickguard and one without in a H-H config. Then I am going to have SCS finish them. Any requests for features you guys might want. I don't even know how much of a demand there is for ZR equipped RG's but I know I would like one so I will get these built and keep you posted as they progress. If they turn out OK at least those of you who want a ZR/RG would have a source to get one cut. Keep you posted.

Monte

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.