custom body? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

custom body?

I'm hoping some of you can steer me in the right direction of who i should talk to about having a custom 7 string body made. It's nothing dramatic...

What i'm looking for is...

- a 7 string body (I'm going to pickup a Wizard 7 string neck off of **** or on a forum)
-either a one is a one piece body or 3 piece. i'm not too concerned about the grains (it will all be dyed/stained a semi-transparent black) just that there is a natural contrast in woods in the 3 piece, so you can still see the difference between the sides and the center stripe. I'm not looking for nice exotic wood, just a decent simple grain that will stain nicely.
-a shape very similar to an Ibanez RG/universe
- routing for a stop tailpiece style bridge, string through body setup, with a single humbucker bridge pickup routing hole, 1 volume, no tone, no selector switches of any kind
and possibly red plastic binding (it's something i'm up in the air about right now).

Thanks!
Brad
http://www.welcometothedownside.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 10:10 PM

Re: custom body?

One of these online body dealers starting with warmoth should have what you want
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2005, 03:02 AM

Since you want a RG type body, give EKG (banner above) a shout .

Regards

Andr

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2005, 09:13 PM

how much would a mahogany rg 7 string body cost do u think

Tags
bridge pickup

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode