Custom Guitar Maker - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

Custom Guitar Maker

Does anyone know any good custom guitar makers (electric), who can make a custom, any shape and configuration I want? Being that I mentioned "any shape" I'm obviously not looking for an Ibanez copy or anything. Also, it should be affordable, not very expensive. So if anyone can help me out, that would be appreciated! Thanks! (by the way, I'm basically looking for someone to make me a custom 7-string, thats not very expensive)

~Mike

Last edited by ibanezrocker61; 05-17-2005 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Adding onto..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 04:33 AM

Re: Custom Guitar Maker

Maybe GMW but he isn't that cheap, then you could try Christopher Woods . Then there is meanstreetguitars and Doc Dryer.

Regards

André

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:54 AM

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 02:54 AM

thats ed....roman....guitars.com
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 03:14 AM

Ed Roman?

Maybe in crackworld. I have heard nothing but bad about that guy.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:00 AM

A custom guitar that's not very expensive is pretty much a contradiction in terms. They tend to range from expensive to very expensive, especially if they're any good.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
A custom guitar that's not very expensive is pretty much a contradiction in terms. They tend to range from expensive to very expensive, especially if they're any good.
Exactly. For me though, thats where the word "custom" kicks-in. For me, custom=expensive. Especially if its any good as you said. But thats what a custom is all about, its custom, one-of-a-kind, and to your spec. The main reason people get them is because they are 100% your specification. If you are going with a custom, dont scrimp and save. Do it properly and go all-out. Or otherwise it wont really be what you want in a custom.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:11 AM

Try Warmoth or Carvin, just buy the body and neck you need and build it up yourself.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Soloway
You never know with Ed .

Regards

André

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddroyce
Try Warmoth or Carvin, just buy the body and neck you need and build it up yourself.
I forgot all about that actually. I second that.
I'd go with a Carvin. I know its not exactly 100% a custom, but they have some awesome finishing and custom options. Plus dont forget, they are bloody cheap too! Some of the axes I have seen from them over the last 2 years were outstanding for the money!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:04 AM

I had an excellent Carvin 7 very recently, and switching the pickups was not an enormous hurdle, either. What I've ended up going with personally was a semi-custom, with Christopher Woods making me a replacement body for my RG7620 out of alder and purpleheart. If you want custom and affordability, Carvin is a good choice, but getting something and replacing the odd part (even necks and bodies, not just pickups) is something to consider as well. I've heard that mahogany RG7's are fantastic, though I've never played one myself.

jim
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 01:53 PM

carvin stuff is very nice

Tags
christopher woods , custom guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode