Custom Jackson.. what do you think - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Custom Jackson.. what do you think

I'm pretty set on getting a custom Jackson built. 24 fret 7-string neck-thru with Custom Body and custom Headstock shape. Mahogany body w/ 3/4" unique arch top maple top. flamed maple neck Original Floyd Rose 7 string. Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard with off-centered abalone dot inlays. unsure of pickups yet, but probably something dimarzio, or maybe something a little higher end. direct mounted with no pickup rings. 3 way selector with 1 tone and 1 volume with push pulls pots for coil splitting. can't think of what else i have decided right at the moment. but it was quoted on the Jackson website at about $4900 and the store that quoted me says i'll pay about 55-60% of that price. so thats like.. $2700 - $2950. what do you guys think??

i have a picture drawn up, but no way to scan it right yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:22 PM

Re: Custom Jackson.. what do you think

The Jackson Custom Shop does outstanding work, so I'm going to hazard a guess your guitar will be incredible
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 01:31 PM Thread Starter

does anyone think that price is too high?? considering some stock gibsons and PRSs and such are just about the amount i have to pay.
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:20 PM

custom body and custom headstock are gonna run you over 3k, imho
a standard model with a little change, i.e. finish, fret board inlay seems to be around 2500 and over.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 02:29 PM

wow. what else would you NEED? might as well throw in a couple of synth and piezo pups just for good measure
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 03:11 PM

Anything from the Jackson Custom Shop is simply outstanding.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rguser
custom body and custom headstock are gonna run you over 3k, imho
a standard model with a little change, i.e. finish, fret board inlay seems to be around 2500 and over.
on the quote screen. any custom body shape is an additional 250 or something. not very much more at all
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 09:50 PM

That design sounds brilliant man! Id definatly go for it. $2700-$2950 is a pretty good price for custom, especially an 7-string neck thru. Id definatly go for it
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 10:58 PM

Reviews: 7

Seems like the right price to me aswell. If and when it gets done, make sure to post pics!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-02-2006, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brothersnowgone
Seems like the right price to me aswell. If and when it gets done, make sure to post pics!
i will.. if i get my mock up pic scanned i'll post that as well
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

here is the first picture of my idea. i know it's not perfect.. some of the lines aren't clean, and the neck isn't straight. and the neck pickup ring is over the arch, but there won't be pickup rings so it shoudln't be a problem.. if it still is then i'll modify the design slightly. headstock is much like the black machine head stock. again this is the first idea i've had. similar to a soloist style, but the body has a bit different contour. haven't figured out control placement yet. thinking about perhaps 25 frets like that one gilbert ibanez, but that probably won't happen.

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 12:49 AM

You should get the standard pointed Jackson headstock. Reversed if you want it reversed. That's all I would do differently.

$3000 is as low as you should ever expect to pay for a custom, so that sounds fair!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-04-2006, 07:37 AM Thread Starter

i'm really not a fan of the jackson headstock. the angle on them is too large for my liking. to me that headstock only is fiting for their really exotic shaped guitars (kelly, Vs, etc). i may change the headstock, but it won't be to the stock Jackson style.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest
i'm really not a fan of the jackson headstock. the angle on them is too large for my liking. to me that headstock only is fiting for their really exotic shaped guitars (kelly, Vs, etc). i may change the headstock, but it won't be to the stock Jackson style.
Ah. Thats sort of a Parker Fly style. I understand what you mean about the angle on the standard Jackson headstocks - it's not comfortable for lack of a better word coming to mind, but it looks cool IMO

Tags
abalone dot inlays , body shape , coil split , coil splitting , custom jackson , custom shop , dot inlay , dot inlays , flamed maple , floyd rose , fret board , headstock shape , jackson custom shop , mahogany body , maple neck , neck pickup , neck thru , parker fly , pickup ring , pickup rings , rosewood fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode