Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Custom Jem - Lacewood Project

5K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  fettouhi 
#1 ·
Well I finaly started my Lacewood Jem project:

See less See more
#10 ·
Yes, I had a poll out there for this concept a while back, and its was a close tie with white pickups & white vine and the Black & Gold.

example with White pickups.

But in the end I finally decided on the Black and Gold, I have already purchased all the hardware need, I will take some more pitures, tonight, I juss got a new camera, so these were kind of test shots.

#11 ·
JJEMMER777 said:
Looking good Ritthcie:)

Stick with the ~BLACK~ pups and gold harware / knobs please!

White pups = too bright;)

If I may....hows the quality of the vine / fret finishing, etc??
Its ok, not as tight as I have seen on some guitars, but not as bad as I have seen on the older Jems either, I have to clean up the neck more, still have some glue resin on the fret board, will take some better shot when I start to perpare everything to put together. :)

#16 ·
NormalPerson said:
i think the silverish inlays look better IMO how dus lacewood sound?
Lacewood is imported from Australia. It's a medium weight wood. The tone is similar to Alder. When it is clear coated, it will a have a slight redish wood tint. I have seen a custom Strat in Lacewood and gold and it was increadable looking, thats why I decided to build this guitar.

Thanks
Rich

#20 ·
Ozzdoc said:
how did you get all the new parts?..well they look new..like the Lo-pro etc.. **** im guessing...
I got all New parts, most hardware thanks to Rich at Ibanez Rules, Pickups were special ordered from Dimarzio w/ gold poles, pots screws and others from other sources & local. This in not a 3bay project at all.. :)

#24 ·
Sweet! I just saw this thread. If it were me, I'd oil the body, direct mount the pickups and ditch the pickguard. Of course I wouldn't use gold either, but that's just my opinion. The body and neck look awesome! I also know that I am in the minority by not liking gold hw.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.