custom s-series body? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

custom s-series body?

lately i have been a bad attack of g.a.s. for and s-series. does anyone know of a company that can make me a custom s body? i like the current production models but i want to "tweak" them a little. i want an s with a fixed bridge like the rg321, recessed rear covers, and a h-s-h pickup configuration. i have checked with christopher woods and he doesn't do an s-series body and wants WAY too much to come up with a program for his cnc router.

I would consider the new s-series guitars if it was possible to block the trem but i have heard that it is not possible, or at least easily done. anyone know it the zr trem is able to be "locked" in position so it would essentially be a fixed bridge?

anyone got an opinion on the new s370. if i were to get one, it would be getting a swirl finish in black, white, metallic silver, and neon green. i don't want to get a used one with an edge trem off of "the site that shall not be named" as i have seen them go for way more than i want to spend for a used s-series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 PM

Reviews: 16
Re: custom s-series body?

If you can find the body with the pickup configuration that you want it's pretty easy to recess the back covers. I actually considered doing my S guitars, but it's not that big of a deal to me to actually do it. Still, I don't see why they aren't recessed anyways....but whatever.

Are you wanting a custom paint job as well?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

yes courtney, i want a custom swirl done, most likely by sims. he does amazing work. might be considering rich fay, he's pretty badass too!
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd130 View Post
does anyone know of a company that can make me a custom s body?
There is a new member here called hetzerguitars that is looking to do something crazy like that. PM him and see.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2007, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the info, player!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 12:39 PM

I tried to get Chris Woods to build a lefty S series body last September with no luck also (I wanted similar specs too!). Anyways, tell me if you have any luck with hetzerguitars.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

well guys, no luck on the s-series body. christopher woods makes a js model body so i guess i am gonna go with that and all the same options. i kinda like to old radius series as well and thats what the js is based on. i'll post pics when i get it and the project is finished.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 02:04 PM

Interested in an S series J custom, with piezo, ebony fretboard, and sappeli mahogany body? Let me know I have one I'll probably be selling. Good luck!

Tags
chris woods , christopher woods , custom swirl , ebony fretboard , edge trem , fixed bridge , mahogany body , production model

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode