custom shop showdown - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

Question custom shop showdown

i have put a whole lot of money in trying to make a homemade seven-string. The results were not too good. So i have decided to finally get a real custom made seven string.

Out of Jackson, BC Rich, ESP, and after seeing siriwat's guitar, Schecter, or any other name-brand manufacturer that I have missed, which would you choose? i want a carved-top, neck through 7 string, tremolo, 24 frets. But my main question is, WHICH ONE IS THE CHEAPEST? (i figured most custom guitars are almost equal playing-wise, correct me if i am wrong)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 01:48 PM

Re: custom shop showdown

Price wise it's hard to tell because Custom orders are generally placed through dealers, it really comes down to how much that dealer really wants to charge you. Usually when you get a custom quote off the company themselves it's generally a list price and you would actually pay about 60% of that value. Quality wise they're all [email protected]$$ but unless your a dealer, or know someone that's a dealer and is willing to put the order in for you without charging you much, you'll probably have to check with various dealers.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 02:08 PM

i see you havent checked out RAN GUITARS. they do amazingly good CHEAP custom guitars. and whats better, they do ANY headstock or body shape, any hardware combo and pretty much any wood combo.

check them out here:

http://www.ranguitars.com

and check out some of their guitars here on this site:

http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/UserRans.html
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 03:36 PM

If money was no object, I'd go with Jackson without a doubt.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Thep
i have put a whole lot of money in trying to make a homemade seven-string. The results were not too good. So i have decided to finally get a real custom made seven string.

Out of Jackson, BC Rich, ESP, and after seeing siriwat's guitar, Schecter, or any other name-brand manufacturer that I have missed, which would you choose? i want a carved-top, neck through 7 string, tremolo, 24 frets. But my main question is, WHICH ONE IS THE CHEAPEST? (i figured most custom guitars are almost equal playing-wise, correct me if i am wrong)
Jim777 is right. Jackson or Schecter custom. I like Ibanex but you have to sell your car for it. I would suggest going to the store and feel them out, take a real good look compare one to another. As far as nect throught, get ready to spend.

Good luck.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:45 PM

Or a Leviathan Can't wait to get mine.

But of the list below, I'd have to go for either a Jackson or Schecter 7.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriwat
Jim777 is right. Jackson or Schecter custom. I like Ibanex but you have to sell your car for it.
I'm not sure if my car would bring me that much even lol
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-12-2006, 07:08 PM

Quote:

I agree with Jim777, I'd definatley go with Jackson, ive only heard OUTSTANDING reviews about their custom shop.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90341689
i see you havent checked out RAN GUITARS. they do amazingly good CHEAP custom guitars. and whats better, they do ANY headstock or body shape, any hardware combo and pretty much any wood combo.

check them out here:

http://www.ranguitars.com

and check out some of their guitars here on this site:

http://ranguitars.floriandecher.de/UserRans.html
oh please man not RAN
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikt
oh please man not RAN
Do you have some experience with them?
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim777
If money was no object, I'd go with Jackson without a doubt.
+1

I wouldn't ever choose BC Rich.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moro
Do you have some experience with them?
yea, have you had any experience with ran?
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:09 PM

Quote:

Here, take a look at mine.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/i_use_...bum?.dir=/4e17
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-13-2006, 10:31 PM

Quote:

when i got my jackson quote for a custom carved top 7-string.. it was right around 3100, after my 52% of list discount from the store i go to. and that was limited. no special body woods, or inlays, or electronic schemes.. from what i have heard the bigger name companies don't really offer much other than your standard alder, ash, mahogany, etc. plus you're probably gonna wait for a while. when i was talking to my dealer. he said that some dude just came in the week before and picked up his custom jackson that he order 3 years before that. so i mean.. there are ups and downs to customs from big name builders. they'll be good, but your gonna pay a lot for pretty standard things, plus you're gonna wait a while
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-15-2006, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90341689
yea, have you had any experience with ran?
I don't like them

cheap wood, [email protected]#$ finished.to much for that low quality

Maybe the customs made for guys from Vader and other stars are good but normal models are piece of crap

Tags
body shape , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom jackson , custom shop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode