Damn American market.... - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 12:22 AM

Re: Damn American market....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phishphood42 View Post
You don't, shred away
even if there are taxes sign me up for an edwards, and you know what! you can pay it off for me! isn't that an awesome bonus jemsite wide help Joe get an edwards because I want 27 frets
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Quote:
See the sticky thread, j customs are NOT produced by the same people as j customs. Also, your pricing is skewed as you are not factoring in the weak yen, for someone in japan that guitar will be the equivalent of paying $2000. The pricing of them doesn't make much sense, as they shouldn't be as much as j customs, but I guess neck throughs are expensive. Either way, with the vines, limited availability, and custom badging I highly doubt that american sellers would price them below the rgts
Whachhht????

Where the heck are you coming from? What do I care the cost of life in Japan or in India??? We're talking about buying the guitar in the US or importing it from Japan. There is no skewing anywhere. It is as simple as 1+1=2.

I'm not judging whether they are rightly priced or not. You're derailing the subject. You said Ibanez would not price them below Prestiges and we just demonstrated there are Prestiges in Japan currently priced above J-Customs. Period.
post #33 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 12:54 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Reissues of ugly ass, tacky colors from the 1980's that are highly overpriced are 'exciting?' No wonder Ibanez doesn't set their standards higher.
post #34 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJazzTerminator View Post
Reissues of ugly ass, tacky colors from the 1980's that are highly overpriced are 'exciting?' No wonder Ibanez doesn't set their standards higher.
post #35 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
Banned

^ It's just my opinion. Desert Yellow and Road Flare Red are two of the ugliest finishes I've ever seen in my life. I don't find them 'exciting' in the least. They're just rehashes of what Ibanez released 20 years ago. How is that exciting? The black one is okay, but pretty typical. Nothing exciting about that, either.
post #36 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusfmm View Post
Whachhht????

Where the heck are you coming from? What do I care the cost of life in Japan or in India??? We're talking about buying the guitar in the US or importing it from Japan. There is no skewing anywhere. It is as simple as 1+1=2.

I'm not judging whether they are rightly priced or not. You're derailing the subject. You said Ibanez would not price them below Prestiges and we just demonstrated there are Prestiges in Japan currently priced above J-Customs. Period.
Who is this "we", you're the only one arguing. I never said anything about the cost of living in Japan. Exchange rates are in our favor, so you can essentially get a $2300 guitar for under $2000. How is that hard to understand?

The only pretige that costs more is the top of the line neck through one, and thats only slightly over. We would still be paying over $2000 for a guitar that costs $1900 shipped from japan. However, this is only for the japanese market so its not exactly a good model

Again, I must say that the pricing in japan will be different from international pricing due to the fact that they must be shipped halfway around the world and the limited availability.

Look at the RG 8320 here and compare the price to the RGT320Q
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=138
post #37 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
^ It's just my opinion. Desert Yellow and Road Flare Red are two of the ugliest finishes I've ever seen in my life. I don't find them 'exciting' in the least. They're just rehashes of what Ibanez released 20 years ago. How is that exciting? The black one is okay, but pretty typical. Nothing exciting about that, either.
I ordered the black one cause they ran out of colors, have you actually seen the colors in real life? Because I loved the DY in real life and the RFR I liked a little less when I saw it up close not in pics.
post #38 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:27 PM

Darn you guys, now I'm GASing for an Edwards LP...
post #39 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
I ordered the black one cause they ran out of colors, have you actually seen the colors in real life? Because I loved the DY in real life and the RFR I liked a little less when I saw it up close not in pics.
Agreed, DY is pretty damn hot. Its hard to capture its awesomeness in pics. I would like to see RFR up close, its also supposed to be hard to photograph
post #40 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksilverdew View Post
Darn you guys, now I'm GASing for an Edwards LP...
yeah I've been GASing for an edwards 27 fret guitar
post #41 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-28-2007, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Who is this "we", you're the only one arguing. I never said anything about the cost of living in Japan. Exchange rates are in our favor, so you can essentially get a $2300 guitar for under $2000. How is that hard to understand?
BS. You're the only one who understands that absolutely pointless logic.

Quote:
The only pretige that costs more is the top of the line neck through one, and thats only slightly over. We would still be paying over $2000 for a guitar that costs $1900 shipped from japan. However, this is only for the japanese market so its not exactly a good model
Well, I got news for you. You go ahead and continue buying your $1,900 guitars from Japan. Good for you. And I got some more news for you: If they were sold for $2,000 here in US, 99.9999% of the buyers would buy it here. The other 0.000001% would be you.

Quote:
Look at the RG 8320 here and compare the price to the RGT320Q
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/p.php?n=138
LOL. I fail to see any point here. What are you trying to demonstrate? There is a 70 pounds difference between the two. 3% of the cost. Peanuts.

Moreover, did you notice the RGT3120 right above the RGT320Q is priced 1,599 pounds (US$3,200)??? Well, that is a Prestige too, just so you know, priced 200 pounds higher than your JCRG8320, and was sold here in the US with a list price of $2,000.

Or may be you missed how that site prices an UV777BK? 1,488 pounds (US$3,000), or a 7VWH, or a Bad Horsie??? And on, and on, and on... but all of them priced much higher than that J-Custom. Refer back to my previous message for more data on prices.

Did you read my comment about the different markets and a direct comparison not being possible??? In fact, if there is a certain correlation between prices that you may be able to argument, is between the US market and that in Japan, as WE'VE demonstrated here. You've helped me well.

Cheers,

Gus.
post #42 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 02:18 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbieguitarmaker View Post
Yes, we had all three at the store where I teach, but one of my students bought the yellow one. It's even more hideous in person. Why would anyone want to look like C.C. Deville? Those ugly neon colors were his trademark in the 80's. Now, I have to see that damn thing every Saturday for a half hour! I did play it last week and it sounds and feels good, but a) it's ugly and b) it's still WAY overpriced.

We still have the red and black ones, though, at the store, along with a 20th Jem.
post #43 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 PM

How much is the Jem 20th in your store? I'm curious what B&Ms are putting on them.

Quote:
We still have the red and black ones, though, at the store, along with a 20th Jem.
post #44 of 46 (permalink) Old 06-30-2007, 01:47 PM

I have to agree, Ibanez's current lineup is rubbish. You can't even get an S series guitar in a decent colour anymore; the blue one is too Jacksonish and the Red Viking is just hideous. As far as I'm concerned this topic will never be 'done to death' as long as Ibanez keeps making lousy guitars. They'd make a hell of alot more money if they just added a 550 with a maple board to their lineup; they're already losing thousands upon thousands of dollars worth of sales to **** (meaning that these people would rather spend 899$ for the guitar in a store, but they can't, so they go to an **** vendor and spend possibly hundreds more; all of this is profit that Ibanez is not getting). They're going to lose my thousand dollars as well, because I'd sooner spend 1000$ for an RG550MXX than 879.99$ for an RG2570E; couldn't they have picked a different colour? Who comes up with this garbage? Not to mention that the plain black headstock on a gold guitar looks cheap and mismatched. Now, if it were a normal gold colour, with a painted headstock, blue shark fins instead of the generic white ones, and had a pickguard, I'd gladly pay 1000$+ for it; it simply looks too cheap to warrant the asking price as is.

*rant over*
post #45 of 46 (permalink) Old 07-03-2007, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trynyty View Post
How much is the Jem 20th in your store? I'm curious what B&Ms are putting on them.
It's the typical five grand, but I'm nearly positive the price could be lowered to an extent. PM me if you're interested and I could give you contact information.

Tags
black headstock , custom shop , fret guitar , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , les paul , les pauls , maple fingerboard , maple fingerboards , music store , neck thru , road flare red

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode