Daphne Blue Premium RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

 13Likes
  • 5 Post By nienturi
  • 2 Post By mike570
  • 2 Post By jemsite
  • 3 Post By nienturi
  • 2 Post By mike570
  • 1 Post By nienturi
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turkiye/Eskisehir
Posts: 732
Daphne Blue Premium RG

Hello There (General Kenobi),

I had an Ibanez RG870z Premium and it was good ole 'Boring Black'. So i want it to be refinished in something more "colorful" (plus some minor modifications). Here are some photos, hope you like them;

All modifications handled by King Bee Custom Painting; https://www.instagram.com/kingbeecustompaintworks/
















jemsite, lordhar, mike570 and 2 others like this.
nienturi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 01:40 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: sf bay area, ca
Posts: 86
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Saw this over at TGP - that is really really sweet.
the_anuj is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 02:30 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,335
Reviews: 21
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG



AMAZING!!!
jim777 and zenguitar like this.
mike570 is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 02:33 PM
Vendor
 
Rich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 25,490
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Damn that looks like a lot of work, I know how tough that finish is. I'm surprised you didn't just scuff it and spray over it, although it wouldn't have come out as nice!
Rich is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 02:53 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: 3rd Stone From the Sun
Posts: 432
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Wow! Great color/turnout. Cool scalloping too.
Leviathus is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2018, 03:46 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,335
Reviews: 21
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

That's amazing! I've been tempted to refinish my boring old grey nickle RG570 and make the pickups direct mounted. This looks super sharp!
mike570 is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turkiye/Eskisehir
Posts: 732
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_anuj View Post
Saw this over at TGP - that is really really sweet.
I've posted to my three favourite forums. And thanks a lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post


AMAZING!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Damn that looks like a lot of work, I know how tough that finish is. I'm surprised you didn't just scuff it and spray over it, although it wouldn't have come out as nice!
Thanks. BTW, did you notice the layers under the original final paint. There was three piece baswood body, then a maple veneer, metallic blue overlay and after them black coating at last.

I assume a story like this: body was made to be RG870 with maple top but something went wrong. So they cover it with a metallic finish but again there was a quality issue and then finally they sent it to be painted all black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathus View Post
Wow! Great color/turnout. Cool scalloping too.
The guy who makes (Mete Ari) the process is very talented guy. He knows what and how to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
That's amazing! I've been tempted to refinish my boring old grey nickle RG570 and make the pickups direct mounted. This looks super sharp!
Thanks. And i believe shell pink, lace placid blue, shoreline gold would look amazing on an RG body
nienturi is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 09:04 AM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Very, very, VERY impressive work. I'd like to highlight another case of a fan designing a nicer guitar than any new RG 6-string Ibanez in many years.
mike570 and Leviathus like this.
jemsite is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turkiye/Eskisehir
Posts: 732
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Very, very, VERY impressive work. I'd like to highlight another case of a fan designing a nicer guitar than any new RG 6-string Ibanez in many years.
Wooaww, thats hell of a compliment
nienturi is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turkiye/Eskisehir
Posts: 732
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Actually, guys, this is my second attempt to project 50s fender concepts on an RG theme. The first one was this;





jemsite, mike570 and Leviathus like this.
nienturi is offline  
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 12:45 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,335
Reviews: 21
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Very, very, VERY impressive work. I'd like to highlight another case of a fan designing a nicer guitar than any new RG 6-string Ibanez in many years.
I will second Glen's comment. How well would this sell? Ibanez.... if you're reading this...

I love Fender's color and design pallet. I'm just not a fan of their guitars. I'd love to see an Aztec Gold RG550 with a white pickguard, white pickups, and a maple board. Or the same with seafoam green, sonic blue, or shoreline gold.
nienturi and mlusiak like this.
mike570 is offline  
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 06:27 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sweden / Poland
Posts: 45
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

I would jump on seafoam green RG with a pickguard, even though I don't like RGs with pickguards
mlusiak is offline  
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-12-2018, 08:19 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,335
Reviews: 21
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

They did make a laser blue RG870 but I don't think it was released many places, certainly not the US. Why they seemed to only go with black on the non quilt RG870 and RG921 is just awful. I love my RG921 in black but another solid color would've been awesome. I've been tempted to get the blue quilt RG921 which looks nice.
mike570 is offline  
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 11:00 AM
site founder 0% owner
 
jemsite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: NJ - USA
Posts: 11,475
Reviews: 1
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Nice work! That's more super-straty with the pointy pickguard + inlays but you would think Ibanez would figure this styling out for the AZ (softer curves especially the models with pickguard).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienturi View Post
Actually, guys, this is my second attempt to project 50s fender concepts on an RG theme. The first one was this;





jemsite is offline  
post #15 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Turkiye/Eskisehir
Posts: 732
Re: Daphne Blue Premium RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
I will second Glen's comment. How well would this sell? Ibanez.... if you're reading this...

I love Fender's color and design pallet. I'm just not a fan of their guitars. I'd love to see an Aztec Gold RG550 with a white pickguard, white pickups, and a maple board. Or the same with seafoam green, sonic blue, or shoreline gold.
I believe its potential; 50s and 60s fender concepts and slightly thicker necks something like modern C that fender us standard stratocasters have. And there must be HSS, SSS and HSH configuration options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlusiak View Post
I would jump on seafoam green RG with a pickguard, even though I don't like RGs with pickguards
Wise choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
They did make a laser blue RG870 but I don't think it was released many places, certainly not the US. Why they seemed to only go with black on the non quilt RG870 and RG921 is just awful. I love my RG921 in black but another solid color would've been awesome. I've been tempted to get the blue quilt RG921 which looks nice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by jemsite View Post
Nice work! That's more super-straty with the pointy pickguard + inlays but you would think Ibanez would figure this styling out for the AZ (softer curves especially the models with pickguard).
I truely love the AZ idea but the headstock. But the AZ line can be enriched with those design concepts you've mentioned about. AZ have that potential.
jemsite likes this.
nienturi is offline  
Reply

Tags
daphne blue , fender , guitarism , premium rg , rg870z

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Premium UV's vs. Non-premium UV's marlb5150 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 1 05-11-2015 05:28 AM
FS/FT 87' RG-550 Atlantic Blue, 91' RG 550 Lazer Blue uberthrall Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 4 02-07-2014 12:36 PM
Ibanez Premium RG 870 vs RG 950 vs RG 970 vs RG 920 Sandarpan Mukherjee All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 54 12-14-2013 07:09 PM
NGD 2013 AT 10 Premium Andy Timmons Premium merman_93 All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 17 05-27-2013 08:32 AM
f/s f/t fender av57 in daphne blue dankynugs Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 3 07-07-2008 07:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome