Dave Weiners Guitars!!! - Page 2 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:18 AM

Re: Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
There are no guitar players who don't know about Steve Vai.
The average Joe Guitarstrummer knows and dislikes Steve even more so than Yngwie.
In fact I am yet to meet even a single guitar dude who does not know about Steve Vai - even 16 year old kids with squires know of Steve.
What I'm trying to say is that in the UK Steve is way more infamous for shreding than the Yng man himself and absolutely every guitar dude knows of him.

Dave on the other hand......... Dave who?

And just want to add that even the UV and the K7 are made to order, they are not in general production like say the V7 is so 7 string signature from an unknown player is never going to hapen.

ilia
Oh, you'd be surprised. I've met other guitar players (in my school) that have never heard about Steve Vai. It's all Hammett, Slash and Green Day.

Dave won't get a sig 7 any time soon. He's not very famous (yet ). I personally think that these type of questions can be avoided if Ibanez had a custom shop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:19 AM

Well, a guitar doesnt necessary sales because of the endorser, take the j customs and prestiges for example, if the DW signature model haves cool specs, why people wouldn't buy it?
post #18 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangomles
Well, a guitar doesnt necessary sales because of the endorser, take the j customs and prestiges for example, if the DW signature model haves cool specs, why people wouldn't buy it?
I'm not saying that it won't sell. I'm saying Dave's not good enough for Ibanez to have them make a DW signature. Let's look at it this way. Ibanez already has a bunch of 7 string models, two of them which are endorsed by popular or influential players. I also would like to see a DW signature, but I just can't see Ibanez making it. As for sales, only time will tell.
post #19 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:06 AM

Dave should move to fender they make signature guitars for just about anyone like 40 a month seem to come out.. Bands havent been out for a year yet and they have signature guitars with Fender..

LMAO just kidding Dave.. if ya see this.

Last edited by ibanezcollector; 03-02-2006 at 11:27 AM.
post #20 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze_1
I'm not saying that it won't sell. I'm saying Dave's not good enough for Ibanez to have them make a DW signature. Let's look at it this way. Ibanez already has a bunch of 7 string models, two of them which are endorsed by popular or influential players. I also would like to see a DW signature, but I just can't see Ibanez making it. As for sales, only time will tell.

dave is by far a more talented guitar player than either munky or head... check out his website...look at his videos. the great dr. Vai would not have chosen dave as he did without belief that the guy was a great player. and for the guy who compared steve vai to yngwie...steve vai's music has feeling an emotion to it. all yngwie does is play arpeggios at the speed of sound.
post #21 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savetheplanetx2
dave is by far a more talented guitar player than either munky or head... check out his website...look at his videos. the great dr. Vai would not have chosen dave as he did without belief that the guy was a great player. and for the guy who compared steve vai to yngwie...steve vai's music has feeling an emotion to it. all yngwie does is play arpeggios at the speed of sound.
ok, i agree with your intentions, but you're trying to force your opinion here and people aren't buying it. do we want to see a dave weiner signature; hell yes. is it possible, maybe, but i don't think it will happen just yet. he isn't recognized enough. think about who is endorsed by ibanez, we all know who they are. when you see a "dave weiner D7" in a magazine, people will be saying ,"who?" he's got support for sure around the ibanez crowd and some of vai's fans, but until he's able to sell his brand of music without vai at his side, i don't see a signature thing happening.
also, i am not an yngwie fan in any way, shape, or form, but i'm sick of people complaining about his speed when they can't even touch that.
post #22 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

while i do believe you have a valid point, im sure that daves popularity would increase if a signature guitar was released. instead of saying "dave who?" i think it would be more of a "let me check this guy out"

and i guess i did dis yngwie...he is a hell of a guitar player. i could never even wish to be that fast...i just personally dont feel his music has much heart put into it
post #23 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:06 PM

what type of wood is the body made of
post #24 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:08 PM

i notice almost every 7 string discussion turns to baggen on head and munky... why do we always have to bag on them, just because the music they play is simple does mean they suk, and even if they do, why should we care?
post #25 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:39 PM Thread Starter

oh jesus. please point out to me where i wrote that korn sucks. i seem to miss that, especially as i am a fan of korn. i never said they were bad, just that dave was more talented. everyone loves to twist my words here dont they?
post #26 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 05:41 PM Thread Starter

it would all depend on the choiceof which guitar of his they used for the sig model... hes got alder, mohogany, swamp ash, and i think basswood...but im not sure
post #27 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:14 PM

kuwl, i didnt mean you sed they suked, if heard it before from other people. i just get tired of hearen every one bashen on them because what they choose to play, i think every one hear is tired of hearen that. from what i have heard, i got your back on dave being more talented than them
post #28 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:27 PM Thread Starter

thanks. finally someone on my side. this thread was meant for supporters of dve getting his own guitar, not to bash the idea.
post #29 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:34 PM

For the record, I love Dave and would be one of the first to buy his guitar if IBZ decided to give him a sig deal. (I LOVE 7's)

Now let's ignore the whole "Dave Weiner" part and say Ibanez released guitars with the same specs and colors as the ones Dave has; just the fact that they are seven string guitars is a big strike against these guitars.

Why? Well, it's common knowledge that seven string guitars don't sell nearly as well as six stringers. Not to mention they already have other seven string guitars that are in production - UV, K7, 1527, J-Customs, etc. Ibanez wouldn't spend more money on another line that won't sell quickly.
post #30 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

why not? theyve already made all of those, and they still make them, not realizing that they dont sell as well

Tags
body shape , custom ibanez , custom shop , dave weiner , dave weiners guitars , guitar players , ibanez guitars , mike mushok , music store , pro edge , seven string guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat style , string guitars , string signature , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode