Dave Weiners Guitars!!! - Page 3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:14 PM

Re: Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

I think this might not be so incredibly out of range like that. I think it would be quite good for Ibanez to have a 7-string line that offers something different then the others. I really think it's worth a shot...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:40 PM

very true, they could start with a smaller amout, they will sell, and depending how fast they go can determine if they want to make more. like a limited run or sumthin.
post #33 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:43 PM

but then again, we are talking about ibanez, some times it seams like they dont want to make money... like for instance, they whole j custom not sold in the us thing, but lets save that for another thread.
post #34 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM

I think their reasons for not selling J-Customs in the US might be a bit more complicated then what we think. One of my ideas is that they like to keep a specific line dedicated to Japan and that makes sense for me.

If I were to produce DW guitars I'd do short runs of each model and see how the selling goes. If they really don't sell, they leave it be, but if one of the models have potential, then create a line for it. I definately think they would not be hurt with a plan like that.
post #35 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper-sfm
One of my ideas is that they like to keep a specific line dedicated to Japan and that makes sense for me.
at least we know that there not sold out
post #36 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Banned

Sick of this! sick sick sick. I just want a nice custom Ibanez 7 strings without people freaking names on it. Is that too much to ask? If Ibanez ever read this, just get in to to your thick skull. NICE NO NAME CUSTOM 7 STRINGS GUITARS that I can buy from the music stores, like the old CST or something like that. It isn't like I need to get these sig guitars and I'm going to transform in to one of these guys, and if that's not going to happen, what do I need their name on "MY" f---ing guitar for.

Stop all this, giving me a headache.

There're always Jackson and Schecter.
post #37 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fossil_7
Sick of this! sick sick sick. I just want a nice custom Ibanez 7 strings without people freaking names on it. Is that too much to ask? If Ibanez ever read this, just get in to to your thick skull. NICE NO NAME CUSTOM 7 STRINGS GUITARS that I can buy from the music stores, like the old CST or something like that. It isn't like I need to get these sig guitars and I'm going to transform in to one of these guys, and if that's not going to happen, what do I need their name on "MY" f---ing guitar for.

Stop all this, giving me a headache.

There're always Jackson and Schecter.

wow thats a pretty heated first post LOL welcome to jemsite
post #38 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 11:59 PM

Honestly, rather than a new line of sevens I'd rather see a whole grand spankin' new line of Japanese-made Ibanez guitars. A whole new series with a different body shape, pickup config, et cetera.
post #39 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier 7
Honestly, rather than a new line of sevens I'd rather see a whole grand spankin' new line of Japanese-made Ibanez guitars. A whole new series with a different body shape, pickup config, et cetera.
I would personally love to Ibanez doing more things with their RGA series . But completely new line would be welcome too (lefty model available plz).

Regards

André

post #40 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 05:53 AM

I'm all for a new line too . You know...the folks that run Ibanez aren't known for their wise choices. For example, the Noodles signature. I don't even know who the guy is, I heard he was the guitarist for The Offspring, that's all I know. Second, the Mike Mushok baritone signature. I don't know who he is, and I don't care for baritones. Now if they can make signature models for these guys, I'm sure the can make one for Dave. It doesn't matter how good he plays, it's a popularity contest. I bet Dave's fan base is around the same size and Noodles's is, so if there's demand, why not?

Screw it...I'm calling Schecter's custom shop. LOL.
post #41 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian
I'm all for a new line too . You know...the folks that run Ibanez aren't known for their wise choices. For example, the Noodles signature. I don't even know who the guy is, I heard he was the guitarist for The Offspring, that's all I know. Second, the Mike Mushok baritone signature. I don't know who he is, and I don't care for baritones. Now if they can make signature models for these guys, I'm sure the can make one for Dave. It doesn't matter how good he plays, it's a popularity contest. I bet Dave's fan base is around the same size and Noodles's is, so if there's demand, why not?

Screw it...I'm calling Schecter's custom shop. LOL.
Actually, the guitarists aren't really popular. They're building up fame from their respective bands. The Breed hasn't attained that level of fame yet. I agree with Andre, I would like to see more variation from the RGA series. Maybe something like Buzz McGrath's?
post #42 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 07:25 AM
dex

The Breed will never in a million years be as popular as The Offspring or as Staind and also Dave is the 3rd guitarist in that band.
Until Dave gets his own band that sells millions of records and tours at least 2 months each year he will not get a sig guitar from Ibanez.

Dave - this has nothing to do with your ability/determination bro, just spelling out how things work for the dreaming public.

ilia
post #43 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
The Breed will never in a million years be as popular as The Offspring or as Staind and also Dave is the 3rd guitarist in that band.
Until Dave gets his own band that sells millions of records and tours at least 2 months each year he will not get a sig guitar from Ibanez.

Dave - this has nothing to do with your ability/determination bro, just spelling out how things work for the dreaming public.

ilia
There simply needs to be some brand behind the name Dave Weiner, something that Ibanez sell.

Regards

André

post #44 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 02:27 PM

im still waiting for my rgt 7 string to finally come threw, no sine yet though
post #45 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 03:41 PM

In the other hand if Ibanez had Dave Weiner sig it would make Dave more famous and if it's a good guitar and people like it people will buy it. If I'm buying guitar and it feels great and sounds good but then I realise that it's Pete Townshend model I will still buy it if I like it. You know what I mean? I think it would be awesome if there was Dave Weiner signature Ibanez!

Tags
body shape , custom ibanez , custom shop , dave weiner , dave weiners guitars , guitar players , ibanez guitars , mike mushok , music store , pro edge , seven string guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat style , string guitars , string signature , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode