Dave Weiners Guitars!!! - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 12:08 PM

Re: Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

I just want a decent lefty 7-string with a trem. I don't really care who makes it or who's name is on it at this point. I wasn't leaning towards the custom shop route but after a lot of searching I've just about accepted that that's the only way I'll get one. LGM uses the Floyd 7 trem which isn't available in lefty so I'll have to contact them and see if they'd be willing to use the licensed lefty 7 trem that is available when I'm ready (got another project going on that has to be finished first).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-04-2006, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobophobic
I just want a decent lefty 7-string with a trem. I don't really care who makes it or who's name is on it at this point. I wasn't leaning towards the custom shop route but after a lot of searching I've just about accepted that that's the only way I'll get one. LGM uses the Floyd 7 trem which isn't available in lefty so I'll have to contact them and see if they'd be willing to use the licensed lefty 7 trem that is available when I'm ready (got another project going on that has to be finished first).
Why don't you just get a righty Edge 7 trem or lo pro edge 7 trem and have someone drill the extra hole for the arm. This is what Jeremy has done on my UV77MC lefty and this is what Ibanez did on the RG1077XL I have. You just need to get the lefty nut and the lefty 7 (Rich ).

Regards

André

post #48 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 09:18 AM

I could be wrong but I'm thinking by the time I buy a lefty 7, a lefty nut, a righty trem and pay somebody to modify/install/setup everything it would be just as cheap to get a cutom shop guitar built.
post #49 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetorian
I'm all for a new line too . You know...the folks that run Ibanez aren't known for their wise choices. For example, the Noodles signature. I don't even know who the guy is, I heard he was the guitarist for The Offspring, that's all I know. Second, the Mike Mushok baritone signature. I don't know who he is, and I don't care for baritones. Now if they can make signature models for these guys, I'm sure the can make one for Dave. It doesn't matter how good he plays, it's a popularity contest. I bet Dave's fan base is around the same size and Noodles's is, so if there's demand, why not?

Screw it...I'm calling Schecter's custom shop. LOL.
Check this out.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/i_use_...bum?.dir=/a9b0
post #50 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fettouhi
Why don't you just get a righty Edge 7 trem or lo pro edge 7 trem and have someone drill the extra hole for the arm. This is what Jeremy has done on my UV77MC lefty and this is what Ibanez did on the RG1077XL I have. You just need to get the lefty nut and the lefty 7 (Rich ).

Regards

André
1. Jeremy will use the lefty 7 licensed floyd on the leviiathan series, as he is doing with mine.

2. He will not use an ibanez bridge on the leviathan series guitars.
post #51 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriwat
Nice, 36 frets even, that's cool.

As for Dave Weiner, he is talented and I love his strat style 7 alot and would love to own it, but wishful thinking.

Last edited by Flobanez; 03-12-2006 at 01:03 AM.
post #52 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 04:09 PM

Personally i think the universe7 swirl should be put in mass production before weiners...don't get me wrong i love dave weiner..but i think lots of people would buy uv's from collectors to hobbyists to gigging musicians becaus they play great and look amazing. and since they are limited quantity they go for ridiculous amounts like ebay i saw 35,000...really?
post #53 of 53 (permalink) Old 07-17-2011, 05:10 PM

Reviews: 4

holy necro! DW Is actually with PRS now.

Tags
body shape , custom ibanez , custom shop , dave weiner , dave weiners guitars , guitar players , ibanez guitars , mike mushok , music store , pro edge , seven string guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat style , string guitars , string signature , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode