Dave Weiners Guitars!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

hey everyone! send an email to ibanez requesting they make dave weiners guitars available in mass production. whether you would personally buy one or not, you should do it anyways. when youe emailed them, post here so we can know how many people have requested.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:34 PM

Re: Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

There isn't a big enough seven string market as is. I highly doubt any of his guitars will go into mass production especially since he's not as well known as other virtuosic guitarists.
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

theres always the possibility. i think hes got enough fans, and enough people on this site and his own site. ibanez has made signature models for guitarists nowhere near daves level. if they can make the shi tty k7 thay can make a DW series
post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

this is a direct quote from dave on his forum at daveweiner.com:

"Hey guys,

I think this is awesome. Thanks for petitioning. I would love to share these guitars with you. They are killer. Emailing is good, but posting here claiming your desire for a DW model is also good. When we have enough (lots) I'll send the link to my rep at Ibanez so he can see the demand.

Lets do it
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savetheplanetx2
this is a direct quote from dave on his forum at daveweiner.com:

"Hey guys,

I think this is awesome. Thanks for petitioning. I would love to share these guitars with you. They are killer. Emailing is good, but posting here claiming your desire for a DW model is also good. When we have enough (lots) I'll send the link to my rep at Ibanez so he can see the demand.

Lets do it
Deal.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:40 PM

****ty K7?

I take it you've never actually PLAYED one.

Yes, it looks hideous, but is probably one of the best constructed 7s on the market today.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

i didnt mean to say it was sh itty, only that it looks horrendous. my mistake. i have played one of these. daves would be better.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 10:01 PM

I'de buy one if the price isn't too over the top. After all, Dave Weiners guitars aren't THAT different then my 7620.
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
b3n

Talking Re: Dave Weiners Guitars!!!

Quote:
whether you would personally buy one or not, you should do it anyways.
Is it compulsory?
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:01 AM

Quote:
theres always the possibility. i think hes got enough fans, and enough people on this site and his own site. ibanez has made signature models for guitarists nowhere near daves level. if they can make the shi tty k7 thay can make a DW series
You're missing a point.

Only Steve Vai fans know who Dave is.... Everybody knows who Korn is.... so the market for ****ty K7s is larger than it would be for W7s. Supply and demand, and the demand for Weiner guitars doesn't justify a Dave sig. Hey I'm with you I'd like one too, but we're sol.
post #11 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 10:10 AM

I wouldn't mind having that 7 string strat he has .

Regards

André

post #12 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-01-2006, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

there are plenty of people who have never even heard of steve vai, but have seen a jem and thought it was a nice guitar. people dont even have to really know who dave is to like his guitars. i wouldnt buy the guitar just because dave plays it, but because its a beautiful 7 string. say youre in guitar canter and you see one of daves guitars. not knowing who dave is, you pick it up and like it. then its just another guitar. plus it would definately increase daves fan base, which he deserves
post #13 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN
You're missing a point.

Only Steve Vai fans know who Dave is.... Everybody knows who Korn is.... so the market for ****ty K7s is larger than it would be for W7s. Supply and demand, and the demand for Weiner guitars doesn't justify a Dave sig. Hey I'm with you I'd like one too, but we're sol.
+1

And for the guy who said nobody knows about Steve Vai, well I saw the Astoria DVD at WAL-MART of all places recently. Vai was pretty popular in the eighties, which is one of the reasons Ibanez is so big today - they had STEVE VAI! Which justified his sig series.
post #14 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 03:11 AM Thread Starter

i didnt say that nobody knows steve vai. im just saying that there are many people who dont. and just because you saw the dvd doesnt mean other people pay attention to it. i bet you there was like a fleetwood mac dvd that you passed by and didnt notice...but all i was trying to say was that you dont have to personally like dave, or even heard of him to see his guitars and like it.
post #15 of 53 (permalink) Old 03-02-2006, 07:14 AM
dex

There are no guitar players who don't know about Steve Vai.
The average Joe Guitarstrummer knows and dislikes Steve even more so than Yngwie.
In fact I am yet to meet even a single guitar dude who does not know about Steve Vai - even 16 year old kids with squires know of Steve.
What I'm trying to say is that in the UK Steve is way more infamous for shreding than the Yng man himself and absolutely every guitar dude knows of him.

Dave on the other hand......... Dave who?

And just want to add that even the UV and the K7 are made to order, they are not in general production like say the V7 is so 7 string signature from an unknown player is never going to hapen.

ilia

Tags
body shape , custom ibanez , custom shop , dave weiner , dave weiners guitars , guitar players , ibanez guitars , mike mushok , music store , pro edge , seven string guitars , signature guitar , steve vai , strat style , string guitars , string signature , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode