DBZ Guitars (Y) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

DBZ Guitars (Y)

WOW, just discovered these things. Kick ass!

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/collection.html

Made by dean zelinsky ..these things are amazing.

I Like the Cavallo AB Premiere series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 PM

Re: DBZ Guitars (Y)

i personally think they nearly all look horrible. RG headstock > those
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 01:38 PM

You really need to feel the neck to tell, but by the looks of them they wouldn't appeal to me.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 01:59 PM

Check out the thickness (or thinness) of this one:

http://www.dbzguitars.com/web/infini...al-deluxe.html

Holy smokes . . .
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Actually they all look prettyy cool but I investigated at NAMM they were ho-hum quality built in China for the most part. I will say they had one of the hottest booth babes at the show I kept going back hoping see her again.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 04:45 PM
Banned

i just cant stand dean guitars full stop,those ugly headstocks gggrrr
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

I see where you guys are coming from. Yeah, dean chinas are pretty ridiculous for the price. A U.S. dean are AMAZING ,but ...painfully expensive.

If it failed as a Guitar , you could always use it to fend off intruders lol

Some are strange looking I'll admit.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 02:45 AM

You know these are not dean guitar this is a new company he started.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 04:06 PM

I think I like the regular Dean V's more. Especially the Tyrant, and not just due to the fact the Michael Amott is one of my heroes. It's just the coolest V I've ever seen.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
You know these are not dean guitar this is a new company he started.
similar in quality i'd imagine.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbird View Post
similar in quality i'd imagine.
Well supposedly he left Dean over quality issues and whatever, thought he could do better by putting his name on something new. I still think he has a ways to go yet. Switching from Korean to chinese guitars didn't do much for my perception of quality, anyways... I guess the USA models will be very nice.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2009, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 12

i just don't like dean zelinsky, if i see his gurning face next to 1 more none dean guitar player a swear i'll knock his teeth out! Remember why he sold dean in the first place!"i'm sick of floyd rose's with guitars attached to them". i'll leave it at that before i start swearing!
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretboardpyro View Post
i just don't like dean zelinsky, if i see his gurning face next to 1 more none dean guitar player a swear i'll knock his teeth out! Remember why he sold dean in the first place!"i'm sick of floyd rose's with guitars attached to them". i'll leave it at that before i start swearing!
Please enlighten me to as what you are talking about , lol I don't quite understand the floyd rose quote.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2009, 09:43 PM

Reviews: 12

Dean zelinky sold the Dean brand in 1986 at was was possibly the height of the shred boom. His reason was "i'm sick of floyd rose tremolo's with guitars attatched to them" meaning the that he virtually shunned guitars with a floating trem, part of the very thing that had made him money. His last tenure with the company was as an executive creative director, ie he was on the payroll. where might i add, he was more than happy to promote wang bars and all things shreddy......... I believe thats whats known as a hypocrite! I also hate the so called "shredder search", the stupid video's with the half witted cardboard girl who doesn't know her arrse from her elbow about guitars and music in general, her only concern is where her next hit of crack is coming from. I hate the whole "get your wings" crap i hate the interviews making the company look better than it is by posting interviews by none dean endorsee's ie jerry cantrell, alex skolnick, vinnie moore, kerry king etc.... See what you've started.... lol..... i need a cold shower now!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2009, 12:25 AM

I ordered one of those MAB guitars because somebody on here said it was nice, and I thought it looked cool. When I got it I had to send it back it was so bad. Got the 770 reissue instead and havent looked back since.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode