Deal on a usa ibanez rg - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Deal on a usa ibanez rg

Is this a good deal on this guitar? It is a custom shop on ebay it is blue. I can't post links or images yet.

Also what happened to the custom shop? Is it still around? Is there a link where I can have a custom RG made?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:40 PM

Reviews: 11
Re: Deal on a usa ibanez rg

Lol welcome.

1) there's no way for us to know what you're talking about without link or picture

2) ibanez has never had a custom shop open to public. You will need to contact a 3rd party builder, or luthier that specializes in it.

3) only way to get a custom shop ibanez is buy one already built or get really popular and endorsed by ibanez.

US rgs haven't been made in over a decade and their shop doesn't exist anymore. Bunker guitars were the luthiers that made them, they still exist, but there's a reason hoshino stopped doing business with them...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Lol welcome.

1) there's no way for us to know what you're talking about without link or picture

2) ibanez has never had a custom shop open to public. You will need to contact a 3rd party builder, or luthier that specializes in it.

3) only way to get a custom shop ibanez is buy one already built or get really popular and endorsed by ibanez.

US rgs haven't been made in over a decade and their shop doesn't exist anymore. Bunker guitars were the luthiers that made them, they still exist, but there's a reason hoshino stopped doing business with them...

Can you post a link to the 3rd party builder or luthier please? I will get my post count up so I can post a link
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by envy View Post
Can you post a link to the 3rd party builder or luthier please? I will get my post count up so I can post a link

You're better off googling something what you like and go from there. the ubiquitous answer around here is nate perle, but his work is only mediocre so I won't recommend him for a full on build. He's good for getting replacement bodies and necks more towards the project side of things, but I wouldn't use him for a full commissioned build.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Well I currently have a jem I am trying to sell. I was thinking of buying the blue foral jem guitar center has but I'm not sure I want to spend 2200 for a 22 year old guitar. Then I stumbled upon the usa made rg/jems and wanted to see if I can get one for me but I can't.

I would build my own rg but all the rg styles are no longer like the Jems in prestige version so I don't know what to get.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 07:16 PM

Quote:
I would build my own rg but all the rg styles are no longer like the Jems in prestige version so I don't know what to get.

Also, is this the one in question?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IBANEZ-UCEWF...item4d0bb32861
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Yes it is that one.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM

Reviews: 1

It's worth what someone is willing to pay. I think it's about 850-650 too much. Really nice guitar but I'd rather buy a JEM for that price. Just my 2 cents.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Well I was thinking of selling my jem 7vwh and buying the blue foral jem guitar center has right now. But the blue floral gem is 22 years old. I could get a jem 7vbkk for the same price.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Well I was thinking of selling my jem 7vwh and buying the blue foral jem guitar center has right now. But the blue floral gem is 22 years old. I could get a jem 7vbkk for the same price.
what attract you the the floral jem?
if you found it's your dream guitar and the condition of 22 years old is acceptable, then go for it.

but if you don't feel any bond with your current jem, I don't think the blue floral jem will help.

if you are looking for back up guitar to your jem, then the USA custom you are looking at is perfect.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 01:02 AM

Reviews: 2

I personally wouldn't take a somewhat hard to find USAC on stage either. If you need a backup for the SK, why not go for an RG1xxv in flourescent pink??

Seems like it would be the perfect stage guitar to me.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 AM

Reviews: 120

That USAC is gorgeous. That's all I have to say on the matter!
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 AM

Reviews: 25

I have no issues using a rare or high priced guitar on stage and its not because im rich, cause Im not... We only live for a short while and play on stage for an even shorter part of your life, so why wouldn't you want to take the best guitar you can get access to, to make music.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

I don't play in a band or on stage anymore. And I took my jem everywhere, even to Italy when I played. I looked at the rg1 but that pink would annoy me after a year.

I don't want this guitar to suppliment mine I won't to replace it. I do like my jem but I like the black version better and now this floral one I have always liked.

Both are selling for 2200 so I could get either. When I go to suppliment my guitar I will get a PRS and a built fender strat (I sold my old mexican strat).

If I could get the 25th anniversary RG in a different color than *** pink or yellow I would instead of a jem. But I like this USA ibanez. Even if I sold my guitar to guitar center which they would pay at least 1400 (I'm hoping) it would cost me maybe 400 to switch into that guitar on ebay.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode