Dean & Dimebag - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Dean & Dimebag

Don't you feel it's time for Dean guitars to stop dry-humping Darrell's corpse already. He was very influential and very talented but come on, enuff already. To me they are just making bank off of his memory and to me that IS NOT a fitting tribute to Darrell. Imagine if, God-forbid, something like that happened to Steve or Joe. Would you want Ibanez to rake in the money at the expense of thier memory? Maybe I would be more understanding if half the profits from the Darrell guitars went into a scholarship in Darrells name for struggling but promising guitarists or to help underprivledged kids discover music and guitars, or even to help keep music classes in public schools. Don't you feel that would be a much more fitting and lasting tribute to him?

Your opinions please....

P.S. I don't mean to offend so if I have offended any of you, I apologize in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 12:41 AM

Re: Dean & Dimebag

I don't think Dime cares anymore. I am sure Dean made a deal with the family.

Also there are more important things in life to get all worked up about than a dead guitar player.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 05:41 PM

If there's one thing I never get sick of other than replacement pickup threads, what's the difference between Jem model, and don't you think ______ is over rated threads, it's threads about Dean making money off Dimebag.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-07-2010, 08:47 PM

Reviews: 2

Don't wanna sound like an a$$hole, but if i were the dean company owner I'd do just what he's doing: making money with his name. Business is business. He's dead, he doesn't care if people are giving them a fitting tribute, his family is surely making money because of his name, and any well-informed musician knows what the perfect tribute is: to keep his music alive.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 03:05 AM

So when les paul dies gibson should stop making les pauls then?
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 08:38 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR-MAN View Post
So when les paul dies gibson should stop making les pauls then?
Uh, Les Paul died several months ago.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...way-at-94-813/
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-08-2010, 12:42 PM

Reviews: 2

It's funny how people bag on Dean but Nobody bags on Jackson for doing it with Randy Rhoads.

Especially since Randy never actually got to play any production Randy Rhoads guitars from Jackson and he was so much better than Dimebag in every possible way. Screw Dean and start bagging on Jackson.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post
Uh, Les Paul died several months ago.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyl...way-at-94-813/

the "Uh..." was just perfect...

I can almost see a "Lester died?? no way!!" coming
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:23 AM

Reviews: 6

I hope it wasn't taken as snarky, because it wasn't meant that way.

I don't see why Dime's family shouldn't make some money. In part it keeps his memory alive. And there is nothing wrong with fans being able to buy products that their hero endorsed.

Personally, for some reason, I have been digging on Dean MLs lately, and have been looking at Washburn Dimes due to price. Those and Rhoads Vs. I gues I am in the middle of a pointy guitar phase.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Reviews: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
he was so much better than Dimebag in every possible way.
That's just your opinion, let's just stay with the facts shall we...

Imagine if Vai did pass away(I truely hope not)...Ibanez would probably cast his whole body in gold for a statue to put infront of their HQ and every year after would be a different JEM tribute guitar and one day he'll be immortalized like "Bill & Ted's" future as taming the world of it's putridness...
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-09-2010, 09:52 PM

Reviews: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGrendel View Post
That's just your opinion, let's just stay with the facts shall we...

Imagine if Vai did pass away(I truely hope not)...Ibanez would probably cast his whole body in gold for a statue to put infront of their HQ and every year after would be a different JEM tribute guitar and one day he'll be immortalized like "Bill & Ted's" future as taming the world of it's putridness...
Nothing Against "Little Stevie Vai"! but Geez!!?
, I Never Seen So Much Steve Vai Appreciation/Worship!?

Go Figure Its The Ibanez Jemsite!! No Problem. I Like Steve Vai, But DUDE, In A World of: "Good, Better, Best",

Should'nt WE Be Mentioning Players Like:Michael Denner, Andy La Roque, Pete Blakk, Herb Simonsen, Mike Wead ?!(King Diamond/Mercyful Fate),

or Craig Lociero/Glen Alvelais/Tim Calvert from (Forbidden)

Mr.Akira Takasaki of Loudness?!!

Wolf Hoffman Accept?

Jeff Loomis of Nevermore?!

Im' Sure Even Steve Vai Himself Is Aware of these Players, and Has Total Respect!

And, Even tho I Hear He Makes Six Figures A Year, Just for His Ibanez Endorsement, after All, He Is, More "Famous" than Most of the "Players" I Mentioned, even Tho,

Id Bet You He Would Be 'Scared", "If" He had to Work with any One Of Them!?

Can I Get A Witness!?
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 12:56 AM

Reviews: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeHappy View Post
It's funny how people bag on Dean but Nobody bags on Jackson for doing it with Randy Rhoads.

Especially since Randy never actually got to play any production Randy Rhoads guitars from Jackson and he was so much better than Dimebag in every possible way. Screw Dean and start bagging on Jackson.
Randy Never Actually Got to Play the Guitars Bearing His Name!? Bull-Taco Dude!
Where the hell were You!?

Haven't You Ever Seen the Pics Of Randy with the 1st & 2nd Models with the Hand-Painted Gold Paint Headstock Logo's!?

He Did Technically Play & Own/Use,The 1st TWO Charvel Mfg. "Jackson",
San Dimas Factory Made, Rhoads/Concorde Custom Models.

The 1st Guitar Being "White", with Black Pinstripes, & "Larger", with
Gibson-Type Block Inlays, Gold Hardware, Charvel Mfg Brass Tremolo Unit Etc

The 2nd Black Model Being The Obvious Final Successor to Be Approved & Finalized By Randy,
(and Actually Used Live On the Diary Tour, but only a Handful of Live Shots Exist of Randy with this Second, And Final, Black Rhoads Model),
Shortly Before his Unexpected Death in March 1982,

This Guitar, Being "Black" with Gold Hardware. Also New to the Model, the "Sharkfin/Rhoads" Inlays, & More Refined Body Shape,
New NON Trem V Type, 'Strings Thru the Body', Metal Pickguard & Tune-o-matic Bridge Etc.

Randy Rhoads A "BETTER" Guitarist Than Dime?!
C'Mon Bro, "Apples & Oranges"

There's A Big Difference Between What Randy Was Doin in the Late '70's/Early '80's, and What Dime/Diamond Darrell was Doin, and A Decade Later! Almost 10 Years After Randy's Death in Early 1982!

Also, Randy Was An Educator & Guitar Genius Locally Here in Burbank/L.A. Area in the Early-Mid '70's Out of Nessesity!

As His Mother Delores Has A Music School/Store, and in those 1970's Pre-Dawn, Pre-Van Halen "False-Metal"/Pre-Metal,
Mountain/Humble Pie/Alice Cooper/KISS Days of Humbuckers into Marshall Stacks.

Randy Was Second Only to Michael Schenker Seamlessly Merging the Then Expected British Blues-Based Penta-Tonic with the Emerging EVH & Neo-Classical & Modal, Phrygian & Harmonic Minor/Diminished Runs Seldom Combined In A Single Guitarist Works!

By The Time Dime Was Cutting His Teeth, Dime was afforded a Much Longer Life! And Met Many More Goals,
That Im' Sure Randy Himself Would Agree!

Darrell may have "known" how to tecnically "Play Guitar" when Randy Rhoads was starting to get really popular as Ozzy's Guitar Player in 1982, but Dime was Still A KID Then!,

Nothing Wrong with that, but Musically & Technically, Dime Still Had A Lot To Learn!

and As Decent,Good,or Great you think those 1980's Pantera albums that they released independently were/are!
the Music, and Dime's Abilities DID Get Better over time as we know, and it made them More Experienced in the Recording Studio as well,
as I Believe their Father Jerry Abbott Owned A Recording Studio!

Dime-Darrell Abbott, achieved Much More In a Highly Influential Carreer that Influenced MILLON's!~MORE than EVEN RANDY!!

True! Who Knows What MORE Randy would Have Done/Achieved!? But Dime Was So LOVED And Followed it makes No Sense to Compare Two Very Excellent Guitarists

who Each, gave us as Guitarists So Much to Listen To and,

Whenever we plug in "Our Own Guitars/Amp's & Effects/Wireless,Etc,Etc"

We STILL find ourselves Chugging Away at Dime's/Pantera's "Mouth For War" or "Cemetary Gates" or

Randy/Ozzys "Crazy Train" & "Believer", or "Over the Mountain" almost anytime, or "Everytime", We Plug In!?

I Know I Often Do!

So Who's BETTER!!?

Your MAMMA!

Last edited by Metalbucker; 04-20-2010 at 03:17 PM.
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalbucker View Post
Nothing Against "Little Stevie Vai"! but Geez!!?
, I Never Seen So Much Steve Vai Appreciation/Worship!?

Should'nt WE Be Mentioning Players Like:Michael Denner, Andy La Roque, Pete Blakk, Herb Simonsen, Mike Wead ?!(King Diamond/Mercyful Fate),

or Craig Lociero/Glen Alvelais/Tim Calvert from (Forbidden)

Mr.Akira Takasaki of Loudness?!!

Wolf Hoffman Accept?

Jeff Loomis of Nevermore?!

Im' Sure Even Steve Vai Himself Is Aware of these Players, and Has Total Respect!

And, Even tho I Hear He Makes Six Figures A Year, Just for His Ibanez Endorsement, after All, He Is, More "Famous" than Most of the "Players" I Mentioned, even Tho,

Id Bet You He Would Be 'Scared", "If" He had to Work with any One Of Them!?

Can I Get A Witness!?
Well all of those guitar players you mentioned are great, What about Mattias IA Eklundh or Guthrie Govan or Greg Howe or Joel Holkstra...We could name a lot of great players and imagine how many great players that we don't even know about that sit in their basement and play by themselves...That's not the point, Steve Vai is one of the Pioneers of his genre, the other guitarist that you named are not, unless you would have mention Yngwie...Again let's stick to the topic and facts please...
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 05:50 PM

post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-10-2010, 05:52 PM

Reviews: 15

Metalbucker, seriously fella, what's with All The Extra Pointless Capital Letters? There's every chance your posts make some kind of sense but All Of This Stuff Means it's Extremely Hard to Read Them.

Tags
dean guitars , dimebag darrell

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode