Dean FBD - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:12 AM Thread Starter

Dean FBD

I got my new Dean Far Beyond Driven Dimebag Tribute ML a few days ago, it's perfect! (except for the lame dime quad sticker) Anyone else given it a try?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 05:36 AM

Re: Dean FBD

I have been giving it a look yeah. I was also looking at the "Dime-O-Flame" as well. Both look pretty damn nice. A store I know has both in stock, so I will have to go and try both and see which one I prefer. I quite like the Dime Quad sticker though......helps remember him, like a shrine almost. The great thing about both guitars too is the pickups. They already have a Dimebucker in the bridge, so no need to change them.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 08:20 AM Thread Starter

Yeah, but there's already a tribute crest on the headstock though. It's a sweet sounding guitar, and plays great too, much to my surprize.

I know deans were modeled after gibsons, so I didn't want to own one really cause I hate gibson, but this one is pretty nice. I haven't played the dime-o-flame, but I hear it's paint job lacks in quality.

I had a razorback on order for a few months, but the deadline kept getting pushed back further and further, so I said screw it and went for the FBD, and I'm glad I did.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666boy666
Yeah, but there's already a tribute crest on the headstock though. It's a sweet sounding guitar, and plays great too, much to my surprize.

I know deans were modeled after gibsons, so I didn't want to own one really cause I hate gibson, but this one is pretty nice. I haven't played the dime-o-flame, but I hear it's paint job lacks in quality.

I had a razorback on order for a few months, but the deadline kept getting pushed back further and further, so I said screw it and went for the FBD, and I'm glad I did.
Well somewhat like a gibson. They get the best features of a gibson guitar which are the electronics arrangement, angled neck, mahogany bodys, with none of the crappy fretwork. Ive used the low end FBD and it was a pretty fun guitar even if the neck joint was really clunky, and it doesnt have a dimebucker in it. Oh well. What neck position pickup does the high end FBD model have in it? I was using a duncan 59er and a dimebucker in my rg, and I just recently traded out the 59er for a dimarzio air norton.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

I wish I knew what it was lol I think it's a dean pu, but I'm not sure. I know it's not listed anywhere I looked before I bought it, and good luck with friggin customer service these days. Prior to purchase, I wanted to know what size frets it came with..............still waiting for that e-mail
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 04:29 AM

Its a Dean pickup yeah. God knows why they didnt put a Duncan in the neck. Thats the way that all Dime models (or what he has played) have been like. Its a mid-ranged priced guitar, so I feel that it deserves a slightly better neck pickup. I dont use the neck pickup very often, bu it would have been nice. The FBD model is very nice though, I am sure I will get one at some point in the future.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 05:04 AM Thread Starter

Very true, but I actually have no problem with the neck pu, blends in well with the dimebucker

sidenote, it will take at least 12 hours to get the word "dimebucker" out of your head if you're stoned, and that's a medical fact, proven by doctors
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 08:44 AM

I bought an 79 series mlf ($650),
swapped out the crappy floyd, for a schaller ($165)
Put in a L500XL ($50)
Put in SD '59 with push pull tap ($80)

$945 total... The FBD runs around $850, and you dont get a real floyd, and no SD '59. What are you paying so much for? The crest on the headstock, and the sticker (which is too big, and folds into the floyd cavity)... I would return it, and get the mlf, and do the mods. Besides, dime didn't play the tribute guitar when he signed to Dean again, he used a modded 79 milf, so why not just get that?
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 09:09 AM

I want a modded 79 Milf (does that mean implants)
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 09:15 AM

I dont care what I have to be honest. As long it still has the basic body shape of an ML, and some decent pickups, its fine by me. But the store I know stocks Dean guitars in abundance, so I will check out all the ML series guitars they have and then make a decision.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperfrommars1
I want a modded 79 Milf (does that mean implants)
LOL... id take a stock one... im not too fond of mods
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz
LOL... id take a stock one... im not too fond of mods
when i said mods, i should've said, corrections.
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepsis311
I bought an 79 series mlf ($650),
swapped out the crappy floyd, for a schaller ($165)
Put in a L500XL ($50)
Put in SD '59 with push pull tap ($80)

$945 total... The FBD runs around $850, and you dont get a real floyd, and no SD '59. What are you paying so much for? The crest on the headstock, and the sticker (which is too big, and folds into the floyd cavity)... I would return it, and get the mlf, and do the mods. Besides, dime didn't play the tribute guitar when he signed to Dean again, he used a modded 79 milf, so why not just get that?
You didnt include installation price in that. Hes obviously young and hasnt really learned how to do all that stuff himself but to each his own I guess. I settled for just using the same pickups in a mahogany bodied floyd equipped guitar so I saved about 400 bucks on you so pooey! lol
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 02:16 PM

There isn't a price if you know how to do it yourself
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 02:30 PM

Red face Re: Dean FBD

:ouble Post::

Tags
air norton , body shape , dimarzio air , dimarzio air norton , dimarzio super distortion , equipped guitar , mahogany body , neck joint , neck pickup , neck position , sounding guitar , super distortion , yngwie strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode