Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7 - on sale - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2002, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7 - on sale

Just an FYI, Musician's Friend is selling their SE-7's for half off at $249 a pop. *This would be a good opportunity for anyone looking for an acoustic 7 string. *I just ordered one!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-13-2002, 08:13 PM

Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7

please be sure to post a review as soon as you can! *i've been thinking of replacing my ibanez with one. * *look for things like intonation, playability, and action - i've been having problems with these on my ibanez...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 08:52 PM

Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7

hey, did you end up getting this axe? can you tell us how it was? i'm REALLY curious as to how these 7 babies really work in the real world, cause i really really really need one (yeah, GAS, )
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-18-2002, 10:11 PM

Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7

MF is out of them.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-19-2002, 12:21 AM Thread Starter

Dean SE-7 Acoustic 7

I just got it this afternoon, so I haven't really given it a great deal of time yet but here's my initial thoughts:

Great looking axe. *It looks expensive. *Nice binding throughout with some abolone inlays on the body and fretboard (dots). *I'm sure they're really plastic but they look nice for the price. *The guitar stinks (literally) of wood glue. *The intonation is a smidge off and the action is rather high for my taste but I'm sure this can be fixed with some minor setup work. *The tuners stay in tune very good. *They're not locking, just standard.

Plugged in, it sounds very. *I plugged into my Roland digital mixer and out through my alesis monitors, added a little chorus and it sounded wonderful. *

I'm very pleased so far, and I would have paid $500 for this guitar if that's what they were asking. *It's not a $1500 Taylor or Martin, and it doesn't sound like one either. *But it is an awesome $250 guitar! *Too bad MF is out (if that's the case!).

Also... if anyone cares... it's made in Korea (my first Korean guitar.)

Tags
korean guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode