Dean Vendetta XM Neck - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 01:30 AM Thread Starter

Dean Vendetta XM Neck

So i've got this cheap ass Dean Vendetta Xm. It was my first guitar and served me very well until i upgraded, at which point i never played it much again. Anyway, it always had a few dead frets (13 and 14 on the a and d strings). I'd like to make it functional again because i actually like the paulownia tone. it's very resonant and it's the lightest and most balanced guitar i've ever owned. I've tried adjusting the truss rod, and tried filing frets even, but to no avail. So i was going to replace the neck, but i measured the heel and it's different than any guitar i've seen (about 2 1/8'') so just a hair narrower than a strat neck.

Anyone know of any necks that'll fit? I'd like it to stay 24 frets, and not break the bank (the guitar itself was only 100 bucks ). Or should i just buy something and sand it to fit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 AM

Re: Dean Vendetta XM Neck

You can get cheap ones from oversees on ebay, like an Eden neck. Then sand it to fit, wouldn't be a huge loss if it failed. Otherwise a good custom is going to cost 3 times as much as the guitar, and will have a wait time, most likely. Maybe finding another vendetta is a better option. Have you taken your neck to a luthier?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Yea I've seen necks like you're talking about on ebay and such, definitely an option, i was just hoping not to have to sand. And no I haven't taken it to a luthier... I suppose they could tell me at least if it CAN be fixed or not. I would just worry about it costing a fortune. Thanks for the input.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 03:16 AM

You might be surprised, if it just needs a level it may not be too bad. If you need new frets then the price is going to climb.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 03:19 AM

There are two vendetta necks on there now, one has a day left and is only at 26 bucks, so far. The other is a lefty so you'd have to flip the nut if you're a righty, and add new side dots if you want them.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

oh nice okay, i'll check those out thanks! Vendetta necks don't seem to pop up too often on ebay.

Tags
dean , neck , paulownia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode