Debating... Any help? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:15 AM Thread Starter

Debating... Any help?

Hello,

Just recently joined the forums and was hoping to get some insight on a decision I'm trying to make. I'm looking to buy a new 7-string. I recently sold my Ibanez RG7321 and I'm looking to upgrade to something a bit better, also with a locking trem.

I've stumbled upon the Agile series and was looking at the Interceptor. Seems pretty sweet and a great deal. Now, I'm just wondering if anyone has played one of the Interceptors and also one of the higher end Ibanez 7-strings-such as the RG1527. I'm just not sure I want to shell out an extra $400-$500 when I've heard good things from Agile.

Has anyone experienced both ends and have any preference or any major difference in the two? I've only really played Ibanez, and also owned an ESP, but that was 6-string.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:31 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: Debating... Any help?

dude, i guess the only definetive answer will be when you go and try all the 7's you can get your hands on!!!
personally, id go for a universe.....but the agiles look great and seem to be well priced. best of luck
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 AM

I think you'll find some guys here that have both, but it all comes down to what YOU like. Try them both. Best of luck!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aris_T View Post
I think you'll find some guys here that have both, but it all comes down to what YOU like. Try them both. Best of luck!

Yes this is true. Although I don't think I will be able to try out an Agile Interceptor before I buy? =/

Also, the Universe is a little more expensive than I can afford right now. That's why the Agile may be the better choice.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 PM

Reviews: 15

That Agile is certainly a nice looking piece of kit. As others have said, you really need to play the instruments before making your choice but obviously that might be difficult.

I recently picked up a used RG1527 for 300 and it's a fantastic instrument - the neck is a work of slimline genius. It's a bit subdued, finish-wise but it's a good, solid workhorse of a thing.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-09-2009, 08:02 PM

I have owned Agiles and they are really good, but nothing compared to a Prestige (or better) Ibby.

Tags
7-string , agile , ibanez , interceptor , rg1527

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode