Debating this or that! help!! :) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 24
Debating this or that! help!! :)

So im debating on which guitar I should get, I need all of your opinions!
Tell me which guitar you would pick and why! im Specifically looking at ESP Ltd Delux Series Models! Doesnt matter if It has floyd rose or not! and if your too lazy to check which models are in the Delux series here they are:
Ltd:H-1001(EMG 81/85, Tonepros, ESP locking tuners)
Ltd:M-1000(EMG 81/81, Floyd Rose, 1000 series bridge, Grover Tuners)<--This model has the thinnest neck out of them all
Ltd:MH-1000(EMG 81/85, Floyd Rose, 1000 series bridge, Grover Tuners)
Ltd:Viper-1000(EMG 81/85, Tonepros, ESP Locking tuners)
I play Metal! Death metal, Thrash Metal and some Grindcore. I play both rhythm and Lead but majority is Rythm!
Thanks.
*notice the m-1000 has dual 81s. which doesnt matter. I'll swap one the 81s with an 85X(85X is better sounding then 85) that other 81 will be dropped into my Charvel. There there arent really right or wrong answeres, pretty much majority vote is the way i'll swing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 01:22 AM

Re: Debating this or that! help!! :)

I'd buy an Ibanez instead.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:10 AM

I'd go with the MH-1000 Neck Through...EMGs, locking tuners, TonePros, string through. VERY nice.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.death View Post
I'd buy an Ibanez instead.
Honestly, Ibanez guitars are only good once you reach a high price of $900USD or above, other then that ALL other Ibanez guitars are HORRIBLE. In my opinion Ibanez are way too over rated! They are like the designer clothes of the guitar world. I've played a JEM and It's a fantastic sounding guitar, however, the sustain on it and note articulation is pretty weak compared to an ESP. An ESP is more solid then the JEM. ESP comes with a great orignal floyd bridge, my fav bridge, I don't like those edge pros alot that Ibanez comes with, I tend to favor originals or lo pros. Anyways in my experience, the ESP has been a far supperior guitar to the ibanez, it has tons of sustain and I love the way it plays and sounds, I love the EMGs Despite the fact that there are so many EMG bashers out there, EMGs really work well in an ESP! I play death metal and Grindcore and I wouldnt buy an Ibanez what so ever for that style of playing.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 07:47 PM

oh boy you do realize its an ibanez board or ?
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanized View Post
oh boy you do realize its an ibanez board or ?
Appears to be:
Quote:
Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohns74 View Post
Appears to be:
Thanks
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 10:23 PM

I have a MH-1000 with Duncans and a fixed bridge. It's a great guitar, plays real nice, sounds great and the build quality is fine.

How do you feel about archtops? Some folks find 'em uncomfortable and prefer a guitar with an arm contour.

In the end, try 'em yourself. Not much point buying a guitar that other people like.

Rock on!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetal4Ever View Post
I have a MH-1000 with Duncans and a fixed bridge. It's a great guitar, plays real nice, sounds great and the build quality is fine.

How do you feel about archtops? Some folks find 'em uncomfortable and prefer a guitar with an arm contour.

In the end, try 'em yourself. Not much point buying a guitar that other people like.

Rock on!

I played em all and loved em all!! but unfortunately I dont have the money to buy them all! ...so thats why im asking never hurts for other peoples opinions! kinda helps out with decisions
The viper, H-1001 and M-1000 Im getting at half price So more then likely its going to be 1 out of those three..but yuh never know.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 01:04 AM

Reviews: 12

sorry to burst your bubble but LTD's aren't quite ESP's... "real" ESP's, including ESP Japan, exceed even the most expensive Ibanez's around...
But the only LTD i've played was a '02 neck-through M-1000 with 81's... not bad for what it is (though my friend was having a hard time selling it). It's a very metal guitar, yes... didn't like the fact it has a painted neck for being a "shredder". Otherwise, not a bad guitar with good upper fret access despite being MIK :P

Personally, i'll stick to a TonePros bridge... i'm very weary about OFR's

Quote:
I play death metal and Grindcore and I wouldnt buy an Ibanez what so ever for that style of playing.
That's just ignorant... Carcass rocked with Saber's and RG's back in the day, Morbid Angel brings out the 7-string [universe] on the heavier songs... and lets not forget Necrophagist

Reg

Last edited by reguv760; 01-22-2010 at 01:55 AM.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reguv760 View Post
sorry to burst your bubble but LTD's aren't quite ESP's... "real" ESP's, including ESP Japan, exceed even the most expensive Ibanez's around...
But the only LTD i've played was a '02 neck-through M-1000 with 81's... not bad for what it is (though my friend was having a hard time selling it). It's a very metal guitar, yes... didn't like the fact it has a painted neck for being a "shredder". Otherwise, not a bad guitar with good upper fret access despite being MIK :P

Personally, i'll stick to a TonePros bridge... i'm very weary about OFR's

That's just ignorant... Carcass rocked with Saber's and RG's back in the day, Morbid Angel brings out the 7-string [universe] on the heavier songs... and lets not forget Necrophagist

Reg

Alright dude, I know Ltds arent ESP, just minor details between the two that are different. Other then that, its the same thing. Honestly, im no longer interested in purchasing an ESP, i'd rather save a couple of hundred dollars! and purchace an Ltd Delux, I played an EC-1000 and compared to my EclipseII, sound wise i'd prefer the EC 1000, maybe its the rosewood fingerboard, The attack of ebony is too.."snappy"
And I dont believe im ignorant im simply stating the truth! I can understand em all using and trying them out but since all didnt stay and continue playing with them...wonder what that means? I believe necrophagist uses a wide range of guitars from ESP and Dean, to i dont know why but bc Rich(not a fan of BC rich btw) only person that I think plays ibanez is Sami Raatikainen? its been awhile since I done my research and most likely thats only when they're playing live. Carcass used ibanez for a certain period of time yes but I believe bill steer used gibson for recording! I can understand morbid angel using the 7-stringer, Ibanez does have good sounding 7-stringers, they're arent that many good 7 stringers out there but then again, i dont prefer em...anywho(im not MucH of an ibanez fan as you can see like I said up above, way over hyped/rated guitars, Dont get me wrong tho its not like I hate them! they are nice guitars and nice sounding, I just prefer others) thanks for ur input. hats off to you, You know ur stuff. unlike ALOT of other people that just speak out of there assses and have no idea what they're talking about.
Carcass= great grindcore! Morbid Angel= Great deathmetal! and Necrophagist= technical death metal, they're alright, Newer out of the three mentioned..but still been around since the mid-late 90's. Nice band dropping
Glad you liked the M-1000, most likely its going to be either the M or H...viper is alil neck heavy but still keeping my options open, I have 4 more days till i get paid! anything can happen...I would like to come across another charvel, '86 model 6 but doubt that'll happen :\

Last edited by Weezel; 01-22-2010 at 05:01 AM.

Tags
esp ltd , ibanez , jackson , schecter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode