Deciding on my main axe...(EBMM?IBANEZ?) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Deciding on my main axe...(EBMM?IBANEZ?)

Hi there. I've been cruising this site for a while now and finally decided to join the fun! I currently own an Ibanez RG2020X, which is my player, and
a RG7620. My six string has been and will always be my practice/player guitar I can always count on, but as with most floating trem equipped guitars, I'm frequently replacing that high E string, which is a process that takes place WAY too often. Now I'm looking to buy my MAIN six string that
will be the first guitar I grab before I go on stage. At this point I'm thinking EBMM JPM, just because I fell in love with it at Guitar Center. I'm
also thinking about a JS1000. I was just wondering what you guys had to say about these guitars and how they compare, mainly on pure functionality in gigging situations as I'm quite familiar with the sound on both the JPM and JS. Any input would help a lot!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 01:28 PM

Reviews: 3
Well, either or are great axes..but you already said you dont dig the trems...So in your situation I'd recommend the EBMM. Mostly because it has locking tuners that stay in tune pretty well (even though I saw John tune himself several times at the dream theater show) and restringing is much quicker on the petrucci trem. Now on a lo pro...it stays in tune for a really long time, but setting up and restringing can be a bitch sometimes. However I think if you're breaking strings that often you should get the saddle and whatnot checked out on the guitar. I've only broke one string on an edge or lo pro...the string was two months old. D'addarios usually last me forever but hey, it happens.
I guess if you're concerned with the stringing issue, get the EBMM; but if you want incredible tuning stability (though an inablity to downtune on the fly) get the js. Of course, there is the js 2000 with the fixed edge. Hmmmmmm...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

Well, I've always enjoyed the lopro, but was never one to do Vai-like dive bombs, so losing that aspect doesn't phase me so much. When it comes to breaking my strings, it's worse to pay for them then to actually put them on, plus I like to have VERY fresh strings as often as I can, it's not like I'm breaking a string every four days. The EBMM is simply the guitar that I vision myelf playing
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
The EBMM is simply the guitar that I vision myelf playing
Then you pretty much know which guitar to buy , click on Rich's Ibnaez Rules" banner to see what sort of price he can hook you up with on the EBMM of your spec
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

I really always knew it, I suppose I was looking for someone to say something really bad about the EB and how superior the JS was, but I supposed those facts wouldn't have stopped me! Thanks guys!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-07-2002, 07:57 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono

Then you pretty much know which guitar to buy , click on Rich's Ibnaez Rules" banner to see what sort of price he can hook you up with on the EBMM of your spec
Do that and he'll likely start raving about the JS

Tags
ebmm jpm , equipped guitar , locking tuners

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode