"Design an RG 470" contest :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Talking "Design an RG 470" contest :D

I put this title 'cause the topic of this thread is "quite" similar to Mr. Vai's contest.
Ok guys, my Ibanez rg 470 is gettin' very very old, so I decided that it's time to change some details and improve its quality since it was my first guitar (2001 - Japan) as well as a cheap one.
I think i'm going to mount on it Di Marzio Evolution pickups and an original Floyd Rose, gold as the new tuners and nut.
The color of the guitar is black ( http://www.nimrock.com/Dear-Ibanez-RG470.jpg ) but i think i'm going to repaint it white (the headstock will remain black because i don't want the ibanez logo to be removed).
That is my "raw-idea" but off-course i'm open to advices, critics, and suggestions (colors, hardware, electronics etc.).
The best idea will become reality on my guitar, but you're not going to win any prize i'm sorry

P.s. Try somehow to forgive me for my BAD english

Thank you

Last edited by vesperwind; 06-25-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:08 PM

Re: "Design an RG 470" contest :D

Swirl it, body and headstock. You can always get the Ibanez logo done again. Put in Pink/Purple/Green DiMarzio's (depends on colour of swirl), coloured knobs to match and stick in an OFR or a Gotoh Floyd Rose.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 03:10 PM Thread Starter

I already have a jem 777 sk... so.. that's enough for that kind of colours (very cool yeah). Aaaaaaaaaand... I don't know how to swirl it
Thanks for the comment anyway
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-25-2010, 05:32 PM

Reviews: 1

black/red/black pickguard

red pickups

red knobs

or you can go Fender-ish:

tortoise shell pickguard

white or cream pickups

white or cream knobs

Tags
design an rg 470 contest

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode