Did I make a guitar Mistake? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Did I make a guitar Mistake?

I was reading about the Floral Copy on a recent thread and it make me think of something. About a year ago I bought a Jem Copy at the same time as I bought an RG450-MH. I sold the Jem copy on The bay within 3 days it was that rubbish. It made out in the listing that it was a Custom Job Specially Commisioned. Big Big Big mistake.

Anyway the reason for this thread mainly was the RG. I had it for about two months, then sold it to a colleague at work. Also I sold a Mexican Strat to finance a second hand Jem 7Vwh, genuine this time. Although i'm over the moon with my jem, i'm realising that the 450 was a splendid item and wish maybe i'd kept it.

What do you think. Pics below

RG450MH

Fender Strat

Ibanez Jem Copy (Don't laugh!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM

Re: Did I make a guitar Mistake?

Mission...... you're favorite color MUST be blue! I agree..... you should have kept it and changed out the pickups if you didn't like the originals.

BTW...... is that a picture of the "special comissioned" JEM? Sorry..... I cant help myself!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Oh ha ha,

I also forgot to mention the Chibi came with a Dimarzio Drop Sonic Pickup at the bridge. I got it in really low tuning BCA#DFB or something, I realised why why I tried to tune it up to standard the strings came out the bridge.

It had the "Overlord of Music" Edge copy with the trem arm sitting around 4.5" away from the body.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:11 PM

That was a nice RG, but consider the pain over its loss as karma for selling the Chibanez as a "custom" to some poor sap.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 03:52 PM Thread Starter

I didn't cover the fact it was a copy, if i'd have seen the guitar before i'd bought it I wouldn't have bought it. Thing is i'd already paid. I did the only thing I could sold it on quick. I took a loss. I'm sure with a setup and some tweaking it would have been as good as a starter guitar of the same price. I didn't feel guilty. Its no worse than a squire strat thats made of MDF.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-22-2007, 05:12 PM

I was never familiar with that colour for the model since they started putting edge pros in...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-23-2019, 12:52 AM Thread Starter

Ressurecting this old thread to see if anyone knows of a RG450MH-BF for sale.

I have just seen one that sold/ended on gum tree 22 days ago that I would have gladly travelled 200 miles to get my hands on.

Gutted.

Thanks in advance.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-13-2019, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Can you believe it?

12 years on and I've only gone and got one again!

Its so good.

Looks as good as I remember.

Just needs a fret polish, set up and new strings.

Could not be happier with it.

You don't see many of these around, particularly not in this condition, got to be 9-9.5 out of 10.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20190313_195310_1552520629536.jpg (2.50 MB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20190313_213756_1552520640017.jpg (2.93 MB, 8 views)

Tags
edge pros , fender strat , ibanez jem , mexican strat , squire strat , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode