diffencences between GIO, PREMIUM, Prestige? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 06:37 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
diffencences between GIO, PREMIUM, Prestige?

I would like to know what's the difference between GIO, PREMIUM, Prestige and standard (Ibanez alone) guitars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 05:40 PM

Re: diffencences between GIO, PREMIUM, Prestige?

The Gio is made with the lowest quality products the cheapest way possible. The Premium, and Prestige from my understanding is made the same way one is just made in Indonesia, and one is made in Japan. The Standard line is middle of the road, not the best but not the worst.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 09:16 PM

Reviews: 2

impossible question to answer.......... What guitars in particular do you want to know about?
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

RG370DX, GRGA42TQA and GRGA32T
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:06 PM

Reviews: 11

guys, whats the difference between a toyota corrolla and a Ferrari 458 italia?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:07 PM

The Ferrari is red????
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
guys, whats the difference between a toyota corrolla and a Ferrari 458 italia?
Toyota corolla:
1.8 Litter 16-Valve -4 Cylinder, 132HP, 5 speed

458 Italia
4.499 Litter, V8, 560HP, 7 speed.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-23-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enb141 View Post
RG370DX, GRGA42TQA and GRGA32T

that makes it a little easier.......

GRGA32T-

NECK: GRGA profile (25.5"scale, 43mm nut, 56mm heel, 20.5mm thick at 1st fret and 23mm at the 12th, 400mm fretboard radius) this thing is a baseball bat with frets....lol. I think it's one piece maple construction with a rosewood board, but I can't confirm that.

BODY: Multi piece Mahogany laminate. the last one I looked at was at least three piece..(you could see the joints in the finish)

Electronics: unknown, but rest assured they are the cheapest Ibanez could find.

Pickups: STD H1/H2..... I can't find any info on these, but see electronics above for what I'm sure their quality level is....expect to replace them immediately.

Bridge: Double locking Edge III- the only redeeming quality of this guitar, and that's not saying much.

----------------

GRGA42TQA- Same guitar as the GRGA32T except that the body is basswood, it has a "Photo Quilt" top, and has real EMG passive pickups. this guitar is a nice upgrade from the 32, but still an "entry level" guitar.

-----------------

RG370DX-

Neck:
Wizard III- 3-piece maple construction with Wiz3 profile (25.5" scale, 43mm nut, 58mm heel, 19mm at first fret, 21mm at the 12th, 400 mm radius), bound rosewood fretboard with sharkstooth inlays and jumbo frets.This is a much more playable neck than the GRGA above (subjective- but pretty realistic)

Body: Multi piece basswood construction with much better attention to prep for finish (better sealer/primer coats)

Electronics: all the examples I've seen have had the ym-50 switch and nice pots (I don't know who made them though)

Pickups: Ibanez INF series.... not a "great" pup by any means, but theyre sufficient for a beginner, otherwise expect to change them out.....They DO sound better than the H-series on the GRGA32....

Bridge: If you get the orange one you'll get a very nice surprise with the Edge Zero II bridge. It's the same bridge that's on the Premium series RG's. other colors (black and white) will have the Edge III.... see above for that.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 12:14 AM

Reviews: 3

Actually, all the indo rgs now have ezll, at least in canada.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
that makes it a little easier.......

GRGA32T-

NECK: GRGA profile (25.5"scale, 43mm nut, 56mm heel, 20.5mm thick at 1st fret and 23mm at the 12th, 400mm fretboard radius) this thing is a baseball bat with frets....lol. I think it's one piece maple construction with a rosewood board, but I can't confirm that.

BODY: Multi piece Mahogany laminate. the last one I looked at was at least three piece..(you could see the joints in the finish)

Electronics: unknown, but rest assured they are the cheapest Ibanez could find.

Pickups: STD H1/H2..... I can't find any info on these, but see electronics above for what I'm sure their quality level is....expect to replace them immediately.

Bridge: Double locking Edge III- the only redeeming quality of this guitar, and that's not saying much.

----------------

GRGA42TQA- Same guitar as the GRGA32T except that the body is basswood, it has a "Photo Quilt" top, and has real EMG passive pickups. this guitar is a nice upgrade from the 32, but still an "entry level" guitar.

-----------------

RG370DX-

Neck:
Wizard III- 3-piece maple construction with Wiz3 profile (25.5" scale, 43mm nut, 58mm heel, 19mm at first fret, 21mm at the 12th, 400 mm radius), bound rosewood fretboard with sharkstooth inlays and jumbo frets.This is a much more playable neck than the GRGA above (subjective- but pretty realistic)

Body: Multi piece basswood construction with much better attention to prep for finish (better sealer/primer coats)

Electronics: all the examples I've seen have had the ym-50 switch and nice pots (I don't know who made them though)

Pickups: Ibanez INF series.... not a "great" pup by any means, but theyre sufficient for a beginner, otherwise expect to change them out.....They DO sound better than the H-series on the GRGA32....

Bridge: If you get the orange one you'll get a very nice surprise with the Edge Zero II bridge. It's the same bridge that's on the Premium series RG's. other colors (black and white) will have the Edge III.... see above for that.
That's what I was looking for, thanks.

Now back to the topic what I'm looking for this guitars is to mod them specially the Neck, I want to upgrade the neck with a moses one, change pickups with air norton + tone zone or something in that price range, also the electronics but what I most likely care is the design, wood and bridge.

I was thinking to get one of this cheap guitars or build a warmoth body with a price closer to this guitars.

Now one more question, you said that those guitars are multi piece rosewood / mahogany so do you know if warmoth bodies (soloist) are one piece or are multi piece?

So do you know if higher class ibanez guitars like RG3770Z are single piece bodies or are them multi piece too?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:41 AM

You will be hard pressed to find any guitar maker using a one piece body today. The wood stock just doesn't exist anymore.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 01:49 AM Thread Starter

I see, so multipiece is a norm in all guitar makers / models.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 06:51 PM

Dude, if you are going to replace the neck, pickups, and all electronics, you are far far far better off buying a cheaper edge based guitar. Id HIGHLY suggest you get an rg570. They can be had for dirt cheap and come with all the features you need in a high quality guitar. Do NOT buy an expensive guitar and tear it apart, it just doesnt make sense lol.

and yes, multipeice bodies are the norm, and its ok. 2 peices of wood glued together is much much stronger then a single piece of wood actually.
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
Dude, if you are going to replace the neck, pickups, and all electronics, you are far far far better off buying a cheaper edge based guitar. Id HIGHLY suggest you get an rg570. They can be had for dirt cheap and come with all the features you need in a high quality guitar. Do NOT buy an expensive guitar and tear it apart, it just doesnt make sense lol.

and yes, multipeice bodies are the norm, and its ok. 2 peices of wood glued together is much much stronger then a single piece of wood actually.
I did that in the past, I bought an used guitar and after all the guitar was good but I'm too picky so to me a brand new guitar is a must and it seems that the RG 570 has been discontinued.

The only models that I can see on ebay are those RG470AH.

In other words I'm looking for a mint zero scratches body.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enb141 View Post
I did that in the past, I bought an used guitar and after all the guitar was good but I'm too picky so to me a brand new guitar is a must and it seems that the RG 570 has been discontinued.

The only models that I can see on ebay are those RG470AH.

In other words I'm looking for a mint zero scratches body.

There ARE some mint condition bodies floating around. If anything, buy a body from one of our vendors and have them paint it to your specs you want. Save you some coin. No sense buying a brand new guitar and tear it apart lol.

Tags
gio , premium , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode