Ibanez JEM Forum banner

DIfference of sound between rg 2550 - rg 2820

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  axepert 
#1 ·
Hi

Does somebody of you own both of this types: Rg 2570 or 2570 ( i think they are nearly the same) and the rg 2820. I played already th rg 2820 in a music shop and i really liked the sound but i would still fancy a singel coil in my new guitar. So I want to know if there is a big difference of sound? both guitars use the IBZ/di mario humbuckers.

Another thing is, that i don't understand is, that the rg 2820 has one pickup less but costs more (okay it has magahony body not basswod but makes this really a big difference in price) or are there any other differences ?

:lol:

PEZI

#2 ·
Pezi said:
Hi

Does somebody of you own both of this types: Rg 2570 or 2570 ( i think they are nearly the same) and the rg 2820. I played already th rg 2820 in a music shop and i really liked the sound but i would still fancy a singel coil in my new guitar. So I want to know if there is a big difference of sound? both guitars use the IBZ/di mario humbuckers.

Another thing is, that i don't understand is, that the rg 2820 has one pickup less but costs more (okay it has magahony body not basswod but makes this really a big difference in price) or are there any other differences ?

:lol:

PEZI
I tested both the RG2570 and RG2820 at the guitar store and I eventually settled for the RG2820.

The guitar was heavier and had a bigger, fatter tone. The combination of the neck/bridge pickup in the mid position produced a very twangy clean tone which could not be achieved on the RG2570.

Apart from just the difference in wood quality, you had the Tree of Life pearl inlay on the fretboard which truly speaks volumes. The finish on the body is also unmatched imo.

Some might complain that the Ultra neck is alittle too wide as compared to the Super Wizard on the RG2570, but then again, if looks could kill, the RG2820 would be it .. :twisted:

The RG2820 is a special edition, and I doubt this model will be available for very long. If its available at your local store, I'd grab it if I were you .. :wink:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.