Dimarzio Breeds in my RG? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Dimarzio Breeds in my RG?

Hey everyone, I have a 99 RG 570 FR with the standard Ibanez pick ups. I have a JEM77 Bad Horsie with the breeds and I LOVE the sound that it makes. I was planning on selling the JEM if I can get the RG to sound similar. I have been looking and I can only find the Breed Neck and Bridge Humbuckers...I have not been able to find the Breed Middle Pick up and was wondering of an alternative. What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:20 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: Dimarzio Breeds in my RG?

Your RG should be made out of Basswood and that's what your Jem is made out of as well so it should sound just as good or better...
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 02:55 PM

I loaded my 570 with Evolutions, and it's a night and day difference (obviously). I took out the OEM pups year ago, and put in a Norton and Tone Zone, but I 'm definitely happiest with the Evo's. As far as a single coil check out the DiMarzio FS-1 fast track.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Excellent to hear! What about for a middle pick up. What would be a good one with the breeds since I have been un able to find the breed Middle pick up?
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:18 PM

Well since the Breeds are basically beefed up PAF Pros why don't you choose something in that similar fashion, what I mean is, a pickup that emulates a classic but with an edge...
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2008, 03:35 PM

http://dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

This should provide you with some good information, they have all the tech specs listed for each one. You should be able to match one up with the breeds.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 09:20 AM

Just get a Breed neck and bridge and try that out with the stock S1... it actually doesnt suck as bad as the V7/V8, and, as long as you dont play it on its own, it works great for the split positions.

I had a 570 with a Steves Special / Air Norton and the S1 worked great
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the Idea, it doesnt hurt to try (or affect the bank)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 11:25 AM

The S1 pickup isn't bad at all, even alone. I think sometimes the sheilding and soldering isn't the best and that's why they don't sound as good as they should...
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marianozz View Post
Just get a Breed neck and bridge and try that out with the stock S1... it actually doesnt suck as bad as the V7/V8, and, as long as you dont play it on its own, it works great for the split positions.

I had a 570 with a Steves Special / Air Norton and the S1 worked great
I second that... I liked the mid positions on my RG1570 better than the V7 or V8 standalone.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:26 PM

^same here, that's why I left mine alone too.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

so where should i purchase the pups from? Fleabay? or Guitar Center? The only other music store that would have sold them was Peeler and they just went out of business
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Sigler is a good seller on the bay. I've had good dealings with them.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:12 PM

Talking Re: Dimarzio Breeds in my RG?

Yeah sigler on "fleabay" is great. I recently ordered Evo neck and middle and Evo 2 bridge from them. Put the Evo's in my RG1570 and it is truly shweet.

But as for a middle Pickup, I haven't really looked into it a whole lot. I'm savin up some cash for a carvin and was thinking about putting a breed in the bridge maybe but didn't want it to be all breeds but I don't know. Just go on the DiMarzio site click on strats and just listen to the sound samples and find one that sounds breedish. That's what I would do at least.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 05:45 PM

Banjomikez on "fleabay" is a great guy to deal with. I used to go to his store back when I lived in PA and now I buy most of my parts/pickups from him through "fleabay". He usually has most Dimarzios and Duncans in stock in just about any color you could want.

Tags
air norton , bridge hum , bridge humbucker , music store , paf pro , paf pros , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode