Dimarzio switch in my RG570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 05:29 AM Thread Starter

Dimarzio switch in my RG570

My original 5 position pickup selector switch has all but give out on my RG570. Since I am going to have to replace it I was thinking of going with a Dimarzio 3 position(blade). I only ever really use the bridge and neck pups with an occasional usage of the middle(single coil). Never any blending of the pups. Is the Dimarzio switches any good? It is really hard finding any info about whats good and whats not on the net when it comes to these little parts so I figured I would ask you guys.

hotrod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 09:42 AM

Re: Dimarzio switch in my RG570

I haven't used the Dimarzio switch but doubt you'll hear anything bad about it. I buy any kind of electronics stuff I need from stewmac.com and have never been disappointed.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:25 PM

Why not just replace it with a 5way switch like whats in there and wire how it is seems much easier and makes for a much more sonically diverse guitar. I would much prefer the 5way to a 3way but if you like a 3way and dont plan on selling it then put a 3way switch in.Good luck
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 12:28 PM

Reviews: 11

You can wire a 5 way switch identical to a 3 way if you want.

Id be more worried about how you are going to put in a 3 way switch without it looking terrible lol.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:16 PM

Reviews: 4

If you mean the EP1105 switch, I can say it's a great little switch. You can tell it's a quality part and feels a ton sturdier than the stock ones.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
You can wire a 5 way switch identical to a 3 way if you want.

Id be more worried about how you are going to put in a 3 way switch without it looking terrible lol.
He's talking about a 3-way blade style, not a toggle--it will look the same. I do agree with the others though--put in another 5-way.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 02:42 PM

Reviews: 4

Hi bro's and gentlemen,

DiMarzio pickups rock and a lot of people like their guitar straps but I only made bad experience with DiMarzio parts like switches etc. I'd buy a Fender 5-way-switch. They are kinda undestroyable. Ibanez are using Korean switches. Fender and DiMarzio are USA-sized. I Hope this pic helps you!

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 03:47 PM

Can't go wrong with a mega switch from stew mac, better than the dimarzio in this luthiers opinion.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-09-2011, 04:35 PM

Reviews: 2

FWIW.... the DiMarzio, Fender, AllParts and Switchcraft 3 and 5 way blades are all made by the same company...... which is Electroswitch.

If you look around the net, you'll be able to find great prices on any one of these brands.... the switches are all the same.

I suggest:
http://www.guitarelectronics.com/c=U...arts.switches/

I use the CRL brand exclusively...... they're cheaper and very forgiving to amateur soldering........ plus they're extremely tough.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode