do Maverick do customs for ppl? and are they available outside UK yet? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-27-2006, 08:30 AM Thread Starter

do Maverick do customs for ppl? and are they available outside UK yet?

cos daaaaaaaaaamn i'm drooling over these guitars hoping they make a 22 fret version of the Fseries with fixed bridge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 11:38 AM

Re: do Maverick do customs for ppl? and are they available outside UK yet?

Hey,
I got in touch with Maverick a little while back and they're currently making me a custom F-1. They take 12 weeks as they break into production runs in order to make the guitars. The one I'm having done is 24-fret in white with a maple board, but give them a ring or e-mail them to see what they can do, they are really helpful and a pleasure to deal with.
They actually do a 22 fret fret F series guitar currently, the F-4 which has a vintage non-locking trem, H-S-S configuration and a neck that employs varying depths and profiles in order to suit your natural hand postitions when playing. I've played one and it was awesome, playing great, sounded great and looked great. Give that a look at http://www.maverickguitars.com/maverick3.pdf

Last edited by jamiewitt1; 06-28-2006 at 11:43 AM.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

awesome, how much are they charging you for the custom?

i'm tossing up between RGA121 or maverick custom at the moment..

Last edited by Ki swordsman; 06-28-2006 at 10:26 PM.
post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-28-2006, 10:38 PM
Dee

I'm interested to know too. I just mailed them to ask about a custom F-Series guitar with a reverse headstock (like the X-Series), a Humbucker/single coil pickup config and a bright red colour.

EDIT: They do fluorescent yellow! It's like DY.

Last edited by Dee; 06-29-2006 at 01:12 AM.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:17 AM

They charged me avery reasonable 599 for mine, just 100 on top of the standard retail for a stock F-1. I've already played a stock F-1 and they are fantastic guitars, plays like a dream and the sound is incredible. Also, with the custom F-1 you get to say its rare if not one of a kind!
Deeswift that spec sounds great, which I'd thought of a reverse headstock!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Dee

Maybe there's still time to get the spec changed, Jamie? Shouldn't be a problem for them to put a reverse on there.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 02:13 PM

Yeh worth a try I guess, it might be too late though as I'm expecting delivery in a few weeks.
You've got to let me know if you guys decide on getting customs! I'd love to hear about them.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 02:38 PM
Dee

I definately plan on getting a custom. The stock guitars look great. Havng one built to my specs would be awesome, and the prices seem very reasonable. Here's that fluorescent yellow F1. I love this colour.

My specs so far:

BODY: Swamp ash, or alder (like F3) if swamp ash not available. Anything but basswood!
FINISH: Solid fluorescent yellow.
PICKUPS: Bridge humbucker, neck single coil. Preferably direct-mount.
NECK: Rosewood fretboard, maple neck. Black binding to both fingerboard and headstock.
HEADSTOCK: Reverse, like X-Series. Colour-matched with body if possible.
BRIDGE: Maverick licensed Floyd Rose.
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 03:39 PM

That definatly sounds like a great spec, would make an awesome guitar! I'm a big fan of that colour too.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Dee

I'm pleased that they are doing that colour, although it is quite limited. That is, unfortunately, more than I can say for Ibanez. Oh man, please bring back them colours from the old days... I would happily buy an RG in Desert Yellow and not have to get a custom guitar built! See what I mean, Ibanez, you're losing sales here! And I've been with you for almost 2 decades!

/rant

EDIT: Come to think of it, a maple board might look pretty cool on that guitar, especially with black binding... hmmm...

Another thought -- I wonder if they'd do a fretboard with no markers?

Last edited by Dee; 06-29-2006 at 03:54 PM.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 04:00 PM

ive got a maverick x-d tox sn:00008. and it plays like a dream. i was thinking bout a js100 but an f-3 looks like it would kick its ass!
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Dee

I think so!

I kinda wish they made the F4 with a locking trem. That looks like a quality instrument.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deeswift
I'm pleased that they are doing that colour, although it is quite limited. That is, unfortunately, more than I can say for Ibanez. Oh man, please bring back them colours from the old days... I would happily buy an RG in Desert Yellow and not have to get a custom guitar built! See what I mean, Ibanez, you're losing sales here! And I've been with you for almost 2 decades!

/rant

EDIT: Come to think of it, a maple board might look pretty cool on that guitar, especially with black binding... hmmm...

Another thought -- I wonder if they'd do a fretboard with no markers?
Yeh go with the maple! You don't see many maple fretboard shred machines these days. I wish Ibanez still did some. And no fret markers would be tasty! You've got to get a Maverick custom done now, because I can't wait to drool over some pics of it!
I also agree that an F-4 with a locking trem would be cool, the neck on those are amazing.
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 06:44 PM
Dee

The F4 has a compound neck, is that right? Goes from a V shape to a C shape I believe. I'm sure it's a great neck!

OK, I think I could live with a maple board again like my old RG550RFR. I do like the feel of maple but I don't like how it wears so fast and ends up looking dirty. However, on a bright zingy yellow maple would look awesome. I'm still undecided on the colour, though.

I'm gonna get saving up some cash!

Last edited by Dee; 06-29-2006 at 07:20 PM.
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-29-2006, 07:06 PM

Yeh the F-4 is a compound radius that goes from v to c, its very comfortable when playing, just sits perfectly in your hand. Good luck with the saving!

Tags
bridge hum , bridge humbucker , coil pickup , custom guitar , custom models , fixed bridge , floyd rose , fret markers , maple fret , maple fretboard , maple neck , neck pickup , reverse headstock , rosewood fretboard , shred machine , swamp ash

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode