Do you guys remember this green 20th RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Do you guys remember this green 20th RG



I`ve been dreamimg if this thing the first time i seen it.

Would it be awesome or what?

Ibanez are not thinking strait, these would of sold in a heartbeat.

Chris
7 Stringer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:20 AM
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 5,768
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

George Strait?
Takin' a Ride is offline  
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
George Strait?
????????
7 Stringer is offline  
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 10:07 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 554
Reviews: 6
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Stringer View Post
????????
You misspelled "straight" to the same spelling as the last name of country singer George Strait.

I have never seen a 20th RG in that colour. I would love to find one.....
Philboski is offline  
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philboski View Post
You misspelled "straight" to the same spelling as the last name of country singer George Strait.

I have never seen a 20th RG in that colour. I would love to find one.....
LOL

Ok, i`m mostly French so i make little mistakes here and there, sorry.

This was a photoshop thingy a guy did and it got aout of hand, everybody thought it was for real. Damn i would of bought one.
7 Stringer is offline  
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:33 PM
 
IbanezFreak777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,163
Reviews: 25
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Ibanez have a fear of LNG and SK for some strange reason.... They just wont release any guitars in those colors...
IbanezFreak777 is offline  
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 06:53 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,398
Reviews: 21
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7 Stringer View Post

Oh yeah, I remember this. I think this is a photoshopped DY made to look green. I remember Dee talking about it, though I don't think he photoshopped it.
Yeah, I'd probably sell a kidney to get an LNG RG20th.
mike570 is offline  
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 08:13 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,953
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

there was a bc rich gunslinger retro in that color
dragsternj is offline  
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-11-2011, 08:59 PM
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Plainfield, Illinois
Posts: 2,810
Reviews: 11
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

too bad its fake, i was excited haha but i can understand ibanez's fears of those colors. it probably takes enough balls to put out DY as it is. but theyre probably scared because everyone wants black, red and blue because theyre dark and metal (which is getting to the popular music that still uses guitar because lets face it, '80's rock is gone from the mainstream and it took its very beautiful guitars with it)
D.M.RG7620 is offline  
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBZRG1527prestige View Post
too bad its fake, i was excited haha but i can understand ibanez's fears of those colors. it probably takes enough balls to put out DY as it is. but theyre probably scared because everyone wants black, red and blue because theyre dark and metal (which is getting to the popular music that still uses guitar because lets face it, '80's rock is gone from the mainstream and it took its very beautiful guitars with it)
Yep, but 80`s metal will always be a part of me, and it`s beautiful guitars too.

It will never die.

Chris
7 Stringer is offline  
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:39 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,398
Reviews: 21
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

As DY was an original color I think RG's claim as much right to it as a Jem.
At the same time, as cool as the guitar in that picture is, LNG should remain exclusive to the Jem. That and it was never used on an RG.
Equally, there should be no such thing as a Road Flare Red Jem.
Maybe that's just me, though...
mike570 is offline  
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
As DY was an original color I think RG's claim as much right to it as a Jem.
At the same time, as cool as the guitar in that picture is, LNG should remain exclusive to the Jem. That and it was never used on an RG.
Equally, there should be no such thing as a Road Flare Red Jem.
Maybe that's just me, though...
Come on, don`t be so conservative,

I get your point though, but imagine this would be available, wouldn`t you buy one?

Chris
7 Stringer is offline  
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:51 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: The FTL, Florida
Posts: 4,398
Reviews: 21
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Oh yeah! An LNG 550?!? You bet I'd buy one!
It still doesn't seem fair to the Jem777LNG owners out there somehow...
mike570 is offline  
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: canada
Posts: 393
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Oh yeah! An LNG 550?!? You bet I'd buy one!
It still doesn't seem fair to the Jem777LNG owners out there somehow...
Well i think it has it`s own thing going, less excentric if you will. No pink or yellow, black and green, that`s it.

It`s more mainstream.
7 Stringer is offline  
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 02-12-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
 
jono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: England
Posts: 7,112
Reviews: 1
Re: Do you guys remember this green 20th RG

Well, if you think about it, it's not really a re-issue is it? So Ibanez are thinking straight

I'd look forward to the JEM25th Anniversary being an LNG reissue though and would buy one of those as long as it's not another 8K list guitar
jono is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RG550 20th green pups stock? taracatac All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 11 11-11-2010 02:24 AM
FT/WTB: Dimarzio Green Evolution7 for UV7BK (Green) stock Blaze Bridge/Neck 7 Dying Trees Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 0 01-23-2009 12:08 PM
Trying to remember... Wild_Child All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 3 08-12-2007 08:45 PM
Jem 20th pups direction (pink green) or (Green Pink) IbanezFreak777 Ibanez JEM, UV, JS & Other Signature Models 13 06-07-2007 10:28 AM
Anyone remember... demian Off-topic / Miscellaneous 1 08-23-2005 02:27 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome