Does anybody know how to contact IKEBE? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Does anybody know how to contact IKEBE?

I look at their site and see some nice instruments, which Ishibashi does not have. But everything is in Japanese. How can I contact them? I'd appreciate some help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 11:20 AM

Re: Does anybody know how to contact IKEBE?

http://translate.google.com/translat...l%3Den%26lr%3D
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Vendor

Read all you want but you can't buy. Only Ichicrotchy has an export license.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-21-2005, 02:13 PM

I once bought a JCRG-3 from them, though it was VERY difficult to actually complete the sale, out of all of the Japanese stores that I have done business with they were the least fluent in English. I do not know if they still will ship internationally but you could always try to email them.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Read all you want but you can't buy. Only Ichicrotchy has an export license.
Who is that guy and how can I contact him?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-22-2005, 05:50 PM

He is referring to Ishibashi-Music (I hope I am allowed to mention the store name here), they are probably the best place to buy Japanese market exclusive Ibanez guitars. The website is www.ishibashi-music.com.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Actually, I have been in contact with Ishi and they told me they would not contact IKEBE since that is their competitor.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-23-2005, 10:32 PM

Ishibashi is not a person, Ishibashi-music is a large chain of music stores in Japan who also have a web-shop that sells worldwide. You can contact them to purchase any Japan domestic market Ibanez guitar.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 03:45 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Does anybody know how to contact IKEBE?

Yes, I know Ishibashi is a chain. I have been in contact with them recently. Anyway, they explicitly told me that they would not contact IKEBE, pity. Also, you cannot purchase ANY guitar from them, only what they have in stores. IKEBE has 8670 in VV, TB and BX, for example. But since Ishi will not contact them I cannot get them (tried to get in touch with IKEBE but I think they are closed for a month or something like that, they do not answer). I also tried to contact KUROSAVA GAKKI (http://www.kurosawagakki.com/ibanez1.html) about those cherry sunburst beauties, but to no avail.

BTW, Soloist, do you play Jackson? I play SL2H nowadays, since my RG is far away.

Got some pics here: http://community.webshots.com/user/panther1977
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 12:35 AM

That is odd, Ishibashi-music should be able to get you any Ibanez; I have bought several guitars from them brand new straight from their distributor (the most recent was a 2004 RG8520TB) as well as many other used or store display models, did you ask them if they could order you the guitar that you are looking for?

Also, no, actually I do not play Jackson at all (I used to own a sweet 1996 Jackson DK1-PB, but I sold it awhile ago, I still kind of regret it). Yeah, I know, the screen name usually misleads people.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-25-2005, 03:39 AM Thread Starter

Smile Re: Does anybody know how to contact IKEBE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soloist
That is odd, Ishibashi-music should be able to get you any Ibanez; I have bought several guitars from them brand new straight from their distributor (the most recent was a 2004 RG8520TB) as well as many other used or store display models, did you ask them if they could order you the guitar that you are looking for?

Also, no, actually I do not play Jackson at all (I used to own a sweet 1996 Jackson DK1-PB, but I sold it awhile ago, I still kind of regret it). Yeah, I know, the screen name usually misleads people.
No, I did not ask them. Maybe it is a good thing otherwize I would spend to0 much money (wanted that Pink HRG-01 from IKEBE). Actually I asked them if 8670 was available in BX, TB or VV (because people here were saying 8670 are discontinued), they are not available. And Ishi is blowing out red 8670s now for 154000, but that red color gives me headache. I will probably get me 8670TV, I like the color plus it seems to be rare (people do not like it?)

BTW, new JCs are coming to Ishi soon, but they will be more expensive and with rosewood fingerboards, plus no matching headstock. What is happening?
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-26-2005, 08:04 AM

Héhéhé... trying to get a store (Ishibashi) to act as a translator for a competitor
Seriously: if you're really set on ordering from them, you should ask someone who speaks Japanese (fluently) to complete the order - if need be, fork out the few dollars for a translator (a good one should be able to read the site and arrange things within an hour). To get you going, I can already tell you that they do ship internationally

Tags
ibanez guitars , music store , rosewood fingerboard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode