Does anyone have a '08 2550z yet - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-11-2008, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have a '08 2550z yet

I got some bills out of the way and want to order a 2550z or 1570. Any reviews on the Z yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2008, 02:59 PM

Re: Does anyone have a '08 2550z yet

LOL. I was just going to start a thread asking the same thing. My local shop has a GW 2550 but I was on lunch break and didn't have a whole lot of time with it. So I'm also wondering what are peoples opinions on the Z trem? One question I have is, the bar pops in/out and I was wondering if you can adjust the tension? I like my bar loose so it drops out of the way when I'm done with it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-29-2008, 10:32 PM

I've played the RG2570Z, it's the same, just without the pickguard. The pickups are fairly hot with good sustain and very little noise. The neck is thin and comfortable and the trem is great. I'd suggest the RG2570Z over the RG2550Z though, beacuse i prefer the finish. But that's just my opinion, the best thing you can do is play it, then you'll know whether or not its right for you.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:52 AM
JB1

I have one. Mines in galaxy black. Exceptional guitar the 3rd Rg I have owned and already easily my favorite ( Back in the day I had an old jap Rg505 and still use a RGT42DXFX as a back up). The new wdge zero takes a bit of getting used to with the zp3 in place as it takes away the fluid movment of the trem slightly, but the tunning stability is the best I have ever known on any trem equiped guitar. The locking nut on my paticular guitar seems a little high on the bass string side, almost like it has been shimmed up, but nothing a good setup wont put right. The frets are finished perfectly, the neck like any new prestige neck is awesome. The pick ups are suprisingly good loads of clarity with out being to shrill, i will proably leave them stock. If youve got any paticular questions or want any photos of the new trem or anything let me know and I will PM or post.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:56 AM
JB1

Oh forgot to mention the bar pops in and out, you can adjust the tension with a screw collar at the base of the arm. However Even with the tension slacked right off the bar isnt mega loose. loose enoth to fall out of the way though.

Tags
locking nut

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

what type of knob ibanez 2550z

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode