Does anyone have the Parker video? - Martin and PRS videos a - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 05:18 AM Thread Starter

Does anyone have the Parker video? - Martin and PRS videos a

I was wondering if anyone has the Parker Fly production video? *Would love to get my hands on it.

I was reminded of this after watching the Martin Guitars and Paul Reed Smith Guitars videos today. *The Martins actually have incredible craftsmanship, and they are an old fashioned setup, unlike a lot of machine and computer oriented setups with other manufacturers. *Like they say in the video, you aren't going to get a "lemon" Martin or "one that was made on Friday." *Although I think they can be nearly impossible to play sometimes, they have an incredible sound by which all other acoustics are measured.

As for PRS, I think they are a very sketchy operation. *Their video shows teams of engineers going over a huge CAD drawing of a PRS guitar body, and incredible amounts of machinery and technology at the factory. *I find this funny, because I think they are some of the worse sounding guitars made. *How many engineers and 6'x4' blueprints does it take to recreate a double cutaway Les Paul with bird inlays?

Even the video says, "Paul Reed Smith's are known for their beautiful finishes that other manufacturers can only attempt to copy." *However, they don't mention PRS being noted for their great tone or playability. *It is evident to me just from this video that these guitars sounds horrible, not including my personal experiences hearing and playing them. *Every sound clip, no matter which artist plays it, has that characteristic false high and upper midrange which is featured on every model.

Paul Reed Smith even demonstrates the guitars at the end of the video by playing with his own band, which would have been better off on the extra scenes reel-to-reel archives and not the final production video. *I think many people are conned into buying these guitars because of their "AAA 10 tops" and high price tags. *To me, they are some of the worse sounding guitars you can get.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
double cutaway , guitar body , les paul , parker fly , paul reed , paul reed smith , prs guitar , reed smith , sounding guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode